cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462AU Souldering help

Pel
Contributor III

Hello NXP community

I'm currently working with the PNEV7462C board. I unfortunately busted the PN7462AU chip in some testing and I'm now having difficulty soldering another PN7462AU chip on the board. I have tried twice now and none of them worked. The first one didn't even compile and the second one was stuck in a boot loop when I tried running my code (but did compile).

The method I use is: I pre tinned the board and heat it with a heat-gun to keep the metal liquid, and then lodge the chip in its place. I then pass on each pins with some flux and my Iron to be sure that everything is soldered and that there is no bridge between the pins.

Is there something I do wrong or do you have some tips to solder the PN7462AU chip safely ?

Thanks for your help,

best regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Pel .

You may refer to the information as the link.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/package-information/SOT804-4.pdf

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pel
Contributor III

Hi @fangfang,

The link you suggested bring me to a 404 Page not found. Maybe the document is not available in English ?

Have a nice weekend,

Regards.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Pel .

Please kindly try the link again.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/packages/SOT804-4.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags (1)
0 Kudos