Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN512 RX circuit design

Jump to solution
dc1
Contributor II

Hello,

we have a PN512 chip for read the NFC tags on a device that we acquire from an our partner. I don0't have the schematics but i have done a short reverse engineering. We have some problems on the RX circuit, many time the card is not correctly readed.

I have seen on different application note that the rx circuit for the PN512 is proposed in two different ways:

• circuit 1 and 2 from Blueboard_PNEV512B_v1.5_SCH and AN1445
  • circuit 3 from AN11038

in our case the circuit implemented is the circuit 3. If i switch from the circuit 3 to the circuit 1 (inverting R1 with C3) the reader seems to work better.

What are the difference between the two circuit? Which is the best? or are equivalent?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @dc1 ,

Thanks for your information.

The principle of receiver circuit please kindly refer to 4.6 Receiver circuit design of AN1445.
circuit 3 and 2 are the reference design. circuit 1 is the design of the development board which is verified by NXP. So we recommend the customer to follow the design if have the same antenna size.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @dc1 ,

Thanks for your information.

The principle of receiver circuit please kindly refer to 4.6 Receiver circuit design of AN1445.
circuit 3 and 2 are the reference design. circuit 1 is the design of the development board which is verified by NXP. So we recommend the customer to follow the design if have the same antenna size.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos