Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My qn908x circuit board cann`t advertise

ocean1980
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a problem with my qn908x circuit board :

My programme`s main function  is advertising datas. The code can be download to the chip but the phone can`t receive datas.But the programme can run properly on the QN908DK board.

What`s wrong with my circuit board?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Since this is a custom board, I recommend running a simple example first such as the gpio_led_output and verify that everything works as expected. Then run a BLE example and verify that the code is executing correctly without any errors.

Then please check that when advertising is started, the gAdvertisingStateChanged_c event, is being triggered in the BleApp_AdvertisingCallback(). If this event is triggered, this means that as far as the QN908x knows, it is advertising correctly, but if you are not able to see the advertisement packets with a scanning device, the problem can be due to poor RF performance with your custom board. If that's the case, please follow the recommendations from the app note AN11996 - QN908x Hardware Design Considerations and make sure you follow the layout from the QN9080DK as closely as possible.

Best regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos