キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

KW45 OTA does not update software or transfer is stuck at 0%

603件の閲覧回数
primus
Contributor II

Hello, Im trying to perform a OTAP using the demo ota client from the sdk version 2.16.
I import otap_client_att_bm and flash it to my kw45b41z-evk board. 
I generate a .s19 file by importing and building the wireless_uart_bm example from the sdk using MCUXpressoIDE v11.
I use the android IoT Toolbox App to connect to the kw45 board which is advertising OTA services.

First Approach:
I try to load the .s19 file, this does not work. Changing the file extension to .srec allows the file to load and transfer successfully. However, after the device reboot the OTA client starts again and not the wireless_uart demo.

Second approach: 
I load the .s19 file into the Over The Air Programming Tool, with ota protocol set to BLE and processor set to KW45. I generate a .sb3 file from the .s19 file and then save then use the new .sb3 file to generate a bleota file. 
The bleota file is accepted in the app but the transmission is stuck at 0%.

Any ideas?

Android Version 14

0 件の賞賛
返信
9 返答(返信)

565件の閲覧回数
primus
Contributor II

Update:
The second approach works fine with smaller files. I successfully performed OTAP with the blinky_led demo both on internal and external flash. This image is roughly 12 kB.

Trying to perform OTAP using the w_uart demo fails. This image is 1.2 MB, the transfer gets up to 2% before dropping to 0% and never continuing. 

My questions is if this issue lies with the IoT Toolbox app or OTA client? Is there a maximum file size configured somewhere?

0 件の賞賛
返信

553件の閲覧回数
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. Could you please help me with the guide or document you are following?

By any chance, have you tried this with another smartphone?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 件の賞賛
返信

507件の閲覧回数
primus
Contributor II

Hello, and thank you for your reply!

I have been following two guides as recommended in similair posts:
AN13860 and AN13855.

I did not try on a second smart phone, I did however manage to reduce the bleota file size to roughly 200 kB by removing the flash fillers in the linkerscripts as mentioned in AN13855. And at this filesize OTA programming too works, However I still wonder what happens when images go towards 1 MB as if you allow the linkerscript to fill the entire flash of the device.

0 件の賞賛
返信

466件の閲覧回数
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Just to clarify, following AN13855 you are able to have Wireless UART example working for OTA, right?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 件の賞賛
返信

434件の閲覧回数
primus
Contributor II

Hello again, 
Yes, I have fully operational Wireless UART example with OTA integrated.
I can perform OTA programming of the device and verify success. 
However, the issue presists when dealing with larger images. With images > 1 MB in size, the transmission progress to 1 or 2 % then jumps back to 0% and is stuck there indefinetly.

0 件の賞賛
返信

405件の閲覧回数
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Good to know that it's working on your side!

Something important to remark, is that when working with OTA and internal flash, the flash is used with the OTA application + the current application, and the new application.

That is why you need to implement the modifications mentioned on AN13855.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 件の賞賛
返信

387件の閲覧回数
primus
Contributor II

Hello again,

Im not working with internal flash, I have external 2MB of flash, which I have configured for. The file transfer is functional for smaller files, < 500kB. Larger files > 1 MB the file transfer fails at 1-2% and defaults back to 0%. I have implemented modifications according to AN13855 to use the external flash, and tested it with small files still stored in the external flash. The issue is transfering large files.

0 件の賞賛
返信

263件の閲覧回数
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The usage of external flash is to storage the receiving image. After OTAP process, it moves it to internal flash.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 件の賞賛
返信

236件の閲覧回数
primus
Contributor II

Hello,

If I understand you correctly,
The file transfer is aborted as the file is to large to store in internal flash? As following OTAP process the image is transferred from external flash to internal flash which would cause failures as memory is to small?

0 件の賞賛
返信