cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW2xD Connectivity Software and Thread Stack

jcsansao
Contributor II

Dear all, 

I´m trying to find examples for Thread application for KW2xD, lik the MKW41Z_Connectivity_Software.exe, but without success.

I found the MKW2xD-MCR20A-Connectivity-Software.exe, but it does not include KDS examples or Thread.

Any suggestion where to find? Or even where to find the Thread stack for download?

Thanks a lot

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Roberto, 

The installer will include all the demo projects to be deployed on Windows since the IDE for that package only supports IAR Embedded Workbench. It will also include binaries for you to flash them directly in your MKW24D512, this also includes FSCI projects that will allow you to communicate your iMX6 platform with the MKW24D512 using UART or SPI. I'd recommend you to install the package in a PC and take a look into the MKW2xD Simple Media Access Controller (SMAC) Demonstration Applications User’s Guide (MKW2xDSMACDAUG.pdf) and the Freescale 802.15.4 MAC/PHY Application Developer's Guide (802154MPADG.pdf) to understand the demos and its usage.

It'll also be easier if you already have played around with the FRDM or TWR development boards.

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juliano,

We are planning to release Thread 1.1 for KW2xD and K64/KL46 + MCR20A on mid-late December. This release will support KSDK 2.0, KEx, IAR and KDS.

0 Kudos

robertopierpaol
Contributor I

Hello Juan,

this is Roberto from IOOOTA (Italy).

We have developed a board equipped with a KW24D512 module that is intended to be used as a Thread controller: should we wait until mid-late december to perform tests, development and the consequent radio certification?

Or there is a firmware that can be used already?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Roberto, 

Yes, we recommend you to wait for the GA release so that the Thread package has passed through the validation process.

For radio certification, you can already run tests using the SMAC Connectivity Test, included in the Kinetis MKW2xD and MCR20A Connectivity Software package.

0 Kudos

robertopierpaol
Contributor I

Hello Juan,

thank you for your quick feedback.

We can easily wait for the GA release if we can perform the certification related tests anyway: I've downloaded the package that you suggest and I have realized that it is an ".exe" executable, but our platform is a Linux environment running over NXP's iMX6 ARM hardware, is there any equivalent that is suited to us?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos