How to update ZigBee coordinator software with OTA?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update ZigBee coordinator software with OTA?

mariuszjakubows
Contributor I

I work with JN-AN-1217-Zigbee-3-0-Base-Device and JN-AN-1216-Zigbee-3-0-IoT-ControlBridge applications and I'd like to upload new software to the Base Device Coordinator. I already implemented (or at least I think so) the OTA client functionality in the Coordinator; however, I have no idea how to pair it with the Control Bridge since they both are coordinators. Is there any way to do it?

Update: I managed somehow to make the Control Bridge join the Base Device Coordinator network as a router; however, when I issue the Image notify command, the only response from the Coordinator is BDB: APP_vGenCallback [1 1] BDB: APP_vGenCallback [1 2]  (ZPS_EVENT_APS_DATA_INDICATION, ZPS_EVENT_APS_DATA_CONFIRM), so I guess it basically means that the Coordinator ignores it.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mariusz,

There is no response to Image notify command. After image notify the client should send query image request. 

Some recommendations:

-Delete the OTA Server form the JN-AN-1216

-Take as reference the JN-AN-1218, Nonetheless, you have to add the app_ota_client.c and delete the server files. 

-Use the v1.bin as OTA Client and change the pertaining to OTA for Makefile, search for OTA flag 

-Changes source and header files search for CLD_OTA. 

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos