Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNVM , FlexRAM and Smart Energy 2.o Desicion Making

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello

Previously a representative told me MKW24D supports both ZigBee and Thread. This is not a special case for 24D right? 21D can also support ZigBee and Thread simultaneously? Can you confirm this.

Also what are the advantages of Smart Energy 2.0 in a nutshell? What are the advantages of having FlexRAM and FlexNVM? From what I understand of AN4282, it simply means you can partition some of your RAM and Flash to be used as an EEPROM. I get the RAM part but why would I want to partition my Flash as an EEPROM? Any use cases you can think of or can give examples about. Am I misinterpreting?

Regards,

Mete

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Atilla,

As you can see in the Thread Release notes, the KW21D device only is supported as end device.

pastedImage_0.png

The memory footprint will be your main constrain so I recommend you to take a look into this topic.

The Thread Release notes also show some memory recommendations that could give you a clue about it.

pastedImage_2.png

Best regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Atilla,

As you can see in the Thread Release notes, the KW21D device only is supported as end device.

pastedImage_0.png

The memory footprint will be your main constrain so I recommend you to take a look into this topic.

The Thread Release notes also show some memory recommendations that could give you a clue about it.

pastedImage_2.png

Best regards,

Earl.

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete,

I'm not expert on your topic but have several links to help with FlexRAM/FlexNVM and Smart Energy 2.0.

Hope others help with your remaining questions.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos