cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example code for IAS Zone cluster for JN5189

ankit_patel
Contributor I

Hi,

I am exploring JN5189 for ZigBee. I have set-up MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1_3241 in my windows machine and also downloaded SDK_2.6.0_JN5189DK6.

I am doing the feasibility on JN5189 for the ZigBee Smoke detector device. From documents, I found that for my application IAS cluster is required.

But I am unable to find the reference example code or any application note for the IAS cluster on JN5189.

Can you please provide me the reference example for the same with the user guide for the set-up and testing with the co-ordinator?

I tried taking reference of JN-AN-1244-ZigBee_3.0_Light_Bulbs and started making changes for the IAS cluster. But it is too difficult as the light bulb reference code is tightly coupled with its application.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ankit_patel
Contributor I

Hi,

I tried modifying the code on DimmerSwitch (JN-AN-1245) for IASZONE device.

Now I am able to join the ZigBee Co-ordinator but I am not able to send the Alarm1 status to the Co-ordinator.

I am using 3rd party Samsung SmartThing Hub as a Co-ordinator. Can you please suggest what am I missing here?
Is something of find-bind or enrollment is required here?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ankit,

Please look at the sniffer attached, look at the enroll process is happened. 

Please look at the 26.3.1 Trip-to-Pair ZigBee Cluster Library User Guide

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ankit,

Please look at the next document.

"JN5189_SDK\docs\wireless\Zigbee\JN-UG-3132-ZigBee3-Cluster-Library.pdf" 6.1 General Structures

The JN5189 supports Zigbee 3.0 but you could implement the Cluster for the IAS Zone.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ankit_patel
Contributor I

Thanks for point out some helpful documents.

I am new to JN5189 ZigBee SDK and it will be a time-consuming activity for me to go through the various documents and to develop it from scratch.

As I shared earlier that I am doing feasibility activity. So, either I want to do it quick and dirty or I want to run the already available demo code.

While searching for IAS App notes, I found one JN-AN-1201. But is built for the JN5169. I tried to get the code-level information out of that but as both the SDKs are completely different, I am helpless again. It would be great if you can provide me the JN5169 App note converted for JN5189. So, that I can quick demo it and can move ahead.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ankit,

Unfortunately, we do not provide any Application Note supporting the IAS zone cluster with the JN5189. The JN5189 supports the ZigBee 3.0 Stack, however, you could implement these clusters by your side.

We are checking if we could release a demo supporting this specific cluster, but I can not warranty a specific day of launch.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ankit_patel
Contributor I

Thanks for reverting back.

Please share the example code and app note for the IAS cluster on JN5189 when available.

As of now to unblock me can you please provide me documents that help me to develop ZigBee IAS Zone code from scratch using SDK_2.6.0_JN5189DK6?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ankit,

You could take as reference ZigBee Home Automation User Guide

2.6 Intruder Alarm System (IAS) Devices

Also, I would recommend looking at the ZigBee Specification for a better reference of these Clusters.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos