Define and add custom cluster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define and add custom cluster

Contributor II

Hello Everyone:

I am new to Zigbee and I've been trying define and add my own cluster,in which I can define custom attribute and command.
            I learn the way mentioned on ZigBee 3.0: Adding Clusters,but it seems that the cluster has to had been definded in SDK.If I want to add custom cluster,it would not work.
Note that the cluster i want to add is private,including attributes such as name,length,addr and so on,which can not find in the ZCL that has supported.
            It seem that I have to implement a files like the files in C:\NXP\bstudio_nxp\sdk\JN-SW-4170\Components\ZCL\Clusters\General,is that true and how can I find the gaidance?

Please, could anyone help me and give some infos?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, I hope you're doing well!

To create a custom cluster you need to define each of the ZCL structures. These structures contain endpoint definitions, cluster definitions, attribute definitions, addresses, attribute reporting configuration, response configurations and cluster instance data, as well as other configurations.

For further information about the ZCL structures, please take a look at chapter 6 of this document right here.

For reference, you can check the JN-AN-1229 Application note, as it contains an instance of a custom cluster.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos