CLRC663 Alternatives

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663 Alternatives

mraines
Contributor I
I have an existing product that uses the CLRC66303 (HNY), controlled using the NXP NFCRDLib on a host microcontroller. The application is simple: LPCD and NTAG read of Type 2A tags only.

Due to supply chain issues I am looking for alternate parts that are either drop-in replacements or close to it. It is difficult to distinguish the full differences between the various parts in the following families:
  • CLRC663
  • CLRC661
  • MFRC630
  • MFRC631
Are any of these parts that are listed as ACTIVE on the NXP site, drop-in replacements?
  • MFRC63003HN
  • MFRC63103HN
  • CLRC66103HN
Can you recommend an alternate for the CLRC66303 that can
  • detect and read NTAG data on Type 2A tags (ISO 14443 Type A)
  • I2C interface with host processor
  • pin compatible with CLRC66303 HVQFN32 (preferred)
  • minimal/no FW change to FW currently using NXP library for CLRC66303 (preferred)

If firmware changes are necessary, can you provide insight into the quantity and scope? I was able to integrate the LPCD sample code into my application with little modification. For example, I did not need to adjust any firmware-controlled antenna tuning parameters with the CLRC66303

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

MFRC63003 can replace it depending on your application. Please find more information as the link.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MFRC630.pdf.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos