C example for FSCI (KW41Z)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C example for FSCI (KW41Z)

sensenthuran
Contributor IV

I see some examples in Python for KW41Z -FSCI communication for BLE. 

Is there any example in C program to control BLE application from Linux machine? 

Say transmit beacons through FSCI interface in C from Linux host.

Thnaks

Labels (3)
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is a file named  “Kinetis FSCI Host Application Programming Interface” in the documentation where you can find the installation process for the Host Software with Linux. Also it mentions five examples coded in C :

• FsciBootloader.c
  • GetKinetisDevices.c
  • Thread_KW_Tun.c
  • PCAPTest.c
  • SPITest.c

The examples given are mostly for Thread and there is no specific example for BLE, as it is not usual to have that type of communication with BLE, nevertheless the examples listed before may help you with the usage of the libraries and the frame’s creation.

Also you can find the  hsdk documentation for your reference in the following path :

“<Installation Path>\MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\tools\wireless\host_sdk\hsdk\doc>”

saurabhbansal
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using a USB dongle with MKW22D512. And I am using Thread stack into this.

This dongle creates one Ethernet interface that I can check with following command :

./PCAPTest ethX

But this is not responding with anything. Do somebody have the software for entering commands also, or is there some software utility that can communicate with this USB dongle.

Saurabh.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have some questions.

Did you make your own USB Dongle with a MKW22D512 chip?

Which OS are you using to run the PCAPTest?

Which firmware are you loading to the board?

Did you checked the document "Kinetis FSCI Host Application Programming Interface" located in <Installation Path>\MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\docs\wireless\Common\  in sections 4  and 8

0 Kudos