Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5179 association issue with battery operated sensor devices

Jump to solution
deep_shah
Contributor I

Hi NXP Team,

I am using JN5179 ZigBee module in our platform for one of the projects. I have a query for associating battery operated devices to JN5179 ZigBee module. I am using "JN-AN-1216-Zigbee-3-0-IoT-ControlBridge" based FULL_FUNC_DEVICE binary for JN5179.

End devices are - Heiman's battery operated sensor devices:

• Smart Door Sensor (HS1SD)
  • Smart Motion Sensor (HS1MS)

Below is our observation:

1. When put the JN5179 ZigBee module to discovery mode and put battery operated sensors (door / motion) as well in to discovery mode, the association happens successfully.
  2. But after association, the sensor devices request for Zone Enrollment with "IAS Zone Enroll Request" command to JN5179
  3. In response to this command, the JN5179 reverts back with "IAS Zone Enrollment Response" message with ZCL payload having Enroll Response Code and Zone ID
  4. Sometimes, we have observed that, these two fields in the above message are having wrong values (i.e. Enroll Response Code = 0x88, Zone ID = 0x7B). Attached is the snapshot of this command response.
  5. When this situation arise, the sensor devices doesn't enroll with the JN5179 properly and doesn't send the "IAS Zone Status Change Notification" back to the JN5179
  6. We have also observed that, when the JN5179 sends proper Enroll response to the sensor device, the sensor device generates "IAS Zone Status Change Notification" properly

Please let us know, how we can make sure, the JN5179 sends the "IAS Zone Enrollment Response" with proper ZCL payload values in every iteration.

Regards,

Deep Shah

0 Kudos
1 Solution
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hi Bill, Ada, Forrest Sun,

Thanks a lot for your help. Please close the request from the support site.

I have asked Forrest Sun to provide me the SDK installation file with the fix suggested once the R&D team is back, so we can compile the SDK locally.

Regards,
Deep Shah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hi Bill, Ada, Forrest Sun,

Thanks a lot for your help. Please close the request from the support site.

I have asked Forrest Sun to provide me the SDK installation file with the fix suggested once the R&D team is back, so we can compile the SDK locally.

Regards,
Deep Shah

0 Kudos
forrest_sun
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I've got similar issue before.

The EnrollResponseCode is not set to a fixed value, you can modify the source code in SDK to  force it to 0x00.

pastedImage_1.png

deep_shah
Contributor I

Hi ForrestSun,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Can you please provide me the binary of JN5179 with this fix? As of now, I am using "JN-AN-1216-Zigbee-3-0-IoT-ControlBridge" based FULL_FUNC_DEVICE binary for JN5179.

Regards,

Deep Shah

0 Kudos
forrest_sun
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deep Shah,

I will send the bin files to your mail address.

Regards

Forrest

0 Kudos
ada_lu
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Deep Shah FYI

0 Kudos