Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE heart rate sensor - hardfault

karel_povalac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The question created by Thibault Richard:

Hello Karel,

I am working on the heart rate BLE demo and I have a problem. At first I could program the demo and try it successfully.

Since then each time I run the demo (using debug or run profile) the demo always crashes in hardfault after startup. Trying to step in the code, I can see that the first clock init in board_initadc (clock_enableclock call) immediately runs in hardfault, cannot even step in the function.

I tried removing the project, reinstalling the connectivity pack, recloning a fresh project... I always have this hardfault since then.

On the other end, using beacon demo is always working!!

Is it a bug from heart rate demo? I am using connectivity pack 1.0.2. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Best regards.
Thibault Richard

Labels (1)
2 Replies

karel_povalac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tibo‌, 

I uploaded you question here.

Karel

karel_povalac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thibault,

I think the reason why it goes into the hardfault after the startup is the entering into the low power mode. This demo enters into low power mode just after the application is initialized. This probably cause the issue. You can terminate the debug window and reset the board. The SW4 will wake up the application from low power mode.

To disable low power mode, you have to go in app_preinclude.h file and need to set the cPWR_UsePowerDownMode to 0.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Karel