About JN5169 data wireless transmission

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About JN5169 data wireless transmission

Contributor III

JN5169 wireless transmission data rate is 250kbps,If I need to transfer 200kbits of data, can I think that it can be transferred within one second? I am a bit confused about it.

Thank you for your answer.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

Yes, it's possible to transmit 200 kbits of data in less than a second if you're using a JN5169 device.

This is due to the fact that the data rate of 250 kbits per second allows us to transfer a bit each 4 microseconds, and to be able to transfer 200000 bits, you would need to transfer each bit in less than 5 microseconds.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question, or if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sebastian

I understand what you mean.But When I use JN5169 for wireless data transmission, if the data is sent continuously(the data transmitted at one time is 120 bytes), there will be resource errors, such as 0x81 (No free APDUs), 0x84 (No free fragment), 0x85 (No free MCPS request descriptors), etc. You cannot send many bytes at the same time, so you can't send so much data in one second. I configured the relevant parameters according to the error code(0x81,0x84,by the way, I don't know how to configure the corresponding parameters for the 0x85 error code.) through the manual, but still can't. Maybe I am not doing it well, can you tell me how to do it?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

hs

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you're getting "No Free APDUs" and "No free MCPS descriptors", then you're not emptying the buffers fast enough and you're running out of these resources.

Could you please try changing the way the buffers are freed?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sebastian

According to the manual, I have used the PDUM_eAPduFreeAPduInstance() to release the APDU. I can't find other ways to release the cache. Especially the error code 0x85, there is no corresponding function to release the cache,i don't know how to deal with it, please help me?

thank you!

Best regards,

hs

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Error 0x85 is happening because there are only 8 MCPS descriptors, and they're probably getting exhausted because of heavy network load or because the frames are sent very close together.

Error 0x84 is caused because there are no free record handles, this can be increased with the "Maximum Number of Transmitted Simultaneous Fragmented Messages" field of the "APS layer configuration" section of the ZPS Configuration Editor.

Error 0x81 can be solved by increasing the number of APDUs in the PDU Manager section of the ZPS Configuration Editor.

To read more about these errors, could you please take a look at the ZigBee Pro stack user guide, here? Section 9.2.5 talks about these error codes.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sebastian

In other words, you can't send so much data continuously. If you want to send a lot of data, you need to send it at a certain interval. Is this correct?

Best regards,

hs

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

That's correct.

If there's not enough time for the data to be processed, then errors like the ones you're getting could happen, and that could cause some data loss.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sebastian

ok, I see. Thank you for your time, again.

Best regards,

hs

0 Kudos