cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX FlexCAN FIFO message reception delay

Jump to solution
mpfgregory
Contributor III

I'm using the MQX FlexCAN FIFO receive mechanism. It works fine except for a delay in message reception. When the first CAN message is received, the output of the FIFO is a message containing only zeroes. The same happens for messages 2-5. When the 6th CAN message is received, the output of the FIFO is the first CAN message that was received. It continues like this. The 7th message received brings the 2nd message to the FIFO output and so on.

Is this intended behavior? I know the FIFO is 6 message buffers deep.

I'm using MQX 4.0 with the Phytec patches for the PCM052. This version didn't contain the FlexCAN driver. A while back I integrated the FlexCAN Driver from MQX4.1 into it. I see this behavior with the FlexCAN example application.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jjt
Contributor I

FWIW, the same bug is STILL present in MQX5 FlexCAN driver for K60. 

0 Kudos
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

rendy​ do you have an update?

0 Kudos
rendy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, yes this is known design flaw. However there is no plan for this to be patched.

mpfgregory
Contributor III

Hello Rene,

thanks for the answer. Is this a design flaw in the MQX driver, or is it a flaw of the CAN module on the Vybrid? If it's just the driver I would try to fix it. Else the FIFO is not useful for our application because we need the data in real time.

0 Kudos
rendy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

it's a software issue. Hardware works well.

Regards

Rene