cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS-5 release 5.17(.1) compatibility issues with MQX

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Building the Vybrid PSP on DS-5 version 5.17 will fail due to an incompatibilty issue with older versions, ARM will fix this in future versions.

To build in 5.17 versions you need to modifiy the include path defines.

In ARM DS-5 5.16 defines such as -

-i""path1"" -i""path2""...-i""pathN""

will need changed in ARM DS-5 5.17

-i"path1","path2",...,"pathN"

Regards

Ross

Labels (7)
1 Reply

altia_mikey
Contributor III

Thanks for posting this!  This was the solution I needed to move forward.

With this, I was finally able to build all of MQX, and the PSP lib in particular using ARM DS-5 v5.17.1.  (This was for MQX 4.0.2).

Below are the old assembler command line flags wrt the include paths, vs the new ones.  I've also attached a screenshot on where to mod these settings in the PSP project file.ds5_psp_build_settings_asm_140317_1_edit.PNG.png

OLD:  -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/tad" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/psp/cortex_a/cpu" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/psp/cortex_a/compiler/rv_ds5" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/psp/cortex_a" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/usb" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/tfs" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/spi" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/serial" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sdcard/sdcard_esdhc" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sdcard" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sai/int" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sai" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/rtc" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/qspi" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pipe" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pcb/shmem" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pcb/mqxa" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pcb" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/nandflash/nfc" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/nandflash" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/lwgpio" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/lwadc" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/io_null" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/io_mem" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/io_dun" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/i2c/polled" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/i2c/int" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/i2c" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/hwtimer" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/esdhc" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/enet/phy" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/enet/macnet" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/enet" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/dma" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/core_mutex" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/cm" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/include" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/bsp/twrvf65gs10_a5" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../config/twrvf65gs10_a5" -I"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../config/common" -I"${ds5_install_path}/include"'

NEW:  -i"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/tad","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/psp/cortex_a/cpu","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/psp/cortex_a/compiler/rv_ds5","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/psp/cortex_a","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/usb","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/tfs","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/spi","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/serial","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sdcard/sdcard_esdhc","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sdcard","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sai/int","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/sai","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/rtc","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/qspi","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pipe","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pcb/shmem","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pcb/mqxa","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/pcb","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/nandflash/nfc","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/nandflash","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/lwgpio","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/lwadc","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/io_null","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/io_mem","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/io_dun","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/i2c/polled","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/i2c/int","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/i2c","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/hwtimer","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/esdhc","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/enet/phy","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/enet/macnet","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/enet","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/dma","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/core_mutex","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/io/cm","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/include","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../mqx/source/bsp/twrvf65gs10_a5","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../config/twrvf65gs10_a5","${ProjDirPath}/../../../../config/common","${ds5_install_path}/include"