cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change u-boot in TWR-VF65GS10

Jump to solution
hjk
Contributor III

I am now using TWR-VF65GS10 and I want to change the bootloader so that I can boot new image, but I don't know where to put my new u-boot, I found a step in Timesys Getting Started Guide and Booting the Freescale Vybrid TWR-VF65GS10 | Timesys Embedded Linux

and try the command

sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdX bs=512 seek=2

But I got the same result, the u-boot still want to find the original kernel image, which means the original u-boot were still there?

What can I do the change it to the new one?

Thanks,

Labels (3)
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

hjk​ did you get previous  comment?

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi a a​,

Nice to hear that you solved the gator issue. Generally if you use udhcpc command to obtain the IP, the IP(Dynamic) will be listed in DHCP router/switch list. I hope now you are using some switch to list the DHCP list But you could use some router or firewall to ensure the dynamic IP list. By using router, I can see my Dynamic target IP in DHCP list.

Please kindly ensure and answer the following questions for better understanding.

1. Can you see other dynamic IP address(Except target IP) in your switch dhcp list?

2. Did you assign IP for your target using udhcpc command?

3. Did you check the DHCP list in router?(If available)

Thanks.

Timesys Support

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi a a,

Can you able to run the gator daemon with out any error (Before adding those two lines in S98-vybrid-out-of-box-demo file

) in your target? Because I am not getting any error while running the gator daemon on target.

To install and run the gator driver and daemon, ensure the following option in your kernel configuration:

1. Activate the Profiling Support option in General Setup: CONFIG_PROFILING=y.

2. Under Kernel hacking, activate the Tracers options: CONFIG_FTRACE=y

3. Build the kernel.

You could refer the following link for more information.

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0482a/BABEJAAI.html

Thanks.

Timesys Support

hjk
Contributor III

Hi,

Before I added this two lines in S98-vybrid-out-of-box-demo file, there was no error.

I built the kernel and the driver, and added "sudo ./usr/bin/gatord &", there was no error, but this time mcc.ko execution showed the error.

I still can't see the target board on my switch dhcp list,

and I select dhcpcd and ifplugd on ll5, and tried to build the kernel on the website, then did what I did before, adding "sudo ./usr/bin/gatord &" no error showed, but I still can't see the target board on my switch dhcp list

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ Please continue with the follow  up

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello a a ,

You can verify your bootloader image update by checking the timestamp of the U-Boot binary in bootloader directory.

"sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdX bs=512 seek=2"

The above command will transfer the U-Boot binary (u-boot.imx) to your SD card.

In Desktop Factory, this file is located at: build_armv7l-timesys-linux-<libc>/images/bootloaders/u-boot.imx location.

Thanks.

Timesys Support

hjk
Contributor III

Hi timesyssupport

I already put the new u-boot and new kernel image into SD card, and I tried to connect it to my router, but I couldn't find the device on my router client list,

so I add two lines in S98-vybrid-out-of-box-demo file

modprobe gator

./usr/bin/gatord &

I got the following message while running

gator: Unknown symbol perf_event_create_kernel_counter (err 0)

gator: Unknown symbol perf_event_release_kernel (err 0)

FATAL: Error inserting gator (/lib/modules/3.13.9-ts-armv7l/extra/gator.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

I can't type any command while its running since an active demo is running, is there any way I can fix it and get the board being seen on the router so that I can use SSH or STREAMLINE to monitor it ?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ can you help to review this case?

0 Kudos