Try PCI linux driver in T2080rdb. Howto?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try PCI linux driver in T2080rdb. Howto?

Jump to solution
manolo_
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I want to do a PCI driver that runs in T2080RDB in order to learn how to do a proper driver. I want to try the device which is in the board (Crypto Coprocessor c293 ). I am having some questions:

Are there any driver for this coprocessor in Linux? I am using the platform Yocto that is given by freescale in order to create my Linux.

If there is not, how can I try this device? Any idea how to start? I just want to access to any memory space or register to check if my driver is right.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should follow the instructions from the document I mentioned above to

enable the crypto processor support on your board.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, the crypto processor driver is probably not the simplest PCI device driver. It is built

off-kernel and is part of a separate package. To review it's source code, unpack pkc-host SDK package,

top-level routines are defined in fsl-c2x0_driver.c Additional details can be found here:

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK_1.9/GUID-EF081117-F5D7-4FB8-AA...

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
manolo_
Contributor I

Thanks very much. does that mean that when I build a operative system with yocto, the coprocessor is not working? do I need to implement a driver in order to use this processor?

0 Kudos
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should follow the instructions from the document I mentioned above to

enable the crypto processor support on your board.

Have a great day,
Platon

0 Kudos