Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QorIQ T1040 weak pull-up value

Jump to solution
fdm
Contributor IV

Hi,

T1040 Data Sheet says that some pins have a weak (~20 kΩ) internal pull-up P-FET.

What is the minimum and maximum values of resistance (and/or current) of these pull-ups through the full PVT range?

BR,

Denis

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

T1040 Data Sheet also says “This pull-up is designed such that it can be overpowered by an external 4.7 k resistor. However, if the signal is intended to be high after reset, and if there is any device on the net that might pull down the value of the net at reset, a pull-up or active driver is needed”

I.e. if the cfg pin will not open the datasheet Require for an external pull-up or active driver. So actual characteristic of the internal pull-up is 4.7k value for external pull-down. They guaranteed that 4.7k pull-down sets the cfg pin to '0', while open cfg pin will have the high level '1'.

I think your question is a question for design group. At least I've never seen such data. Here just some speculations:

* For low level threshold ViL= 0.54V at 1.8V, neglecting by input current we get that weak pull-up has to be greater than 11 k   { 1.8*4.7/(4.7+11)=0.539 }.

* If we consider input as  2 resistors of 36k connected to the gnd and 1.8V for the max input current -\+ 50uA (specified in the data sheet) then we get that the weak pull-up has to be less than 36k in order to reach Vih=1.2V at 1.8V {1.8*36/(36/2+36)=1.2  }.  If we take 50uA as input current at 1.2V than we get that pull-up has to be less than 12k   {(1.8-1.2)/0.05=12} which I consider as unrealistic.

So ~20k is good value for the internal pull-up which should be inside 15k - 35 k

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

T1040 Data Sheet also says “This pull-up is designed such that it can be overpowered by an external 4.7 k resistor. However, if the signal is intended to be high after reset, and if there is any device on the net that might pull down the value of the net at reset, a pull-up or active driver is needed”

I.e. if the cfg pin will not open the datasheet Require for an external pull-up or active driver. So actual characteristic of the internal pull-up is 4.7k value for external pull-down. They guaranteed that 4.7k pull-down sets the cfg pin to '0', while open cfg pin will have the high level '1'.

I think your question is a question for design group. At least I've never seen such data. Here just some speculations:

* For low level threshold ViL= 0.54V at 1.8V, neglecting by input current we get that weak pull-up has to be greater than 11 k   { 1.8*4.7/(4.7+11)=0.539 }.

* If we consider input as  2 resistors of 36k connected to the gnd and 1.8V for the max input current -\+ 50uA (specified in the data sheet) then we get that the weak pull-up has to be less than 36k in order to reach Vih=1.2V at 1.8V {1.8*36/(36/2+36)=1.2  }.  If we take 50uA as input current at 1.2V than we get that pull-up has to be less than 12k   {(1.8-1.2)/0.05=12} which I consider as unrealistic.

So ~20k is good value for the internal pull-up which should be inside 15k - 35 k

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos