How to clear default library search path and miscellaneous settings from a project created from Code Warrior Bare board project template?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear default library search path and miscellaneous settings from a project created from Code Warrior Bare board project template?

Jump to solution
veerendranathj
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to use my own library(printf, memset, strcpy... etc) instead of library given by code warrior. I tried to remove in properties window in below paths..

Properties->C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool settings tab -> PowerPC AEABU e5500 C Linker ->Libraries

Properties->C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool settings tab -> PowerPC AEABU e5500 C Linker ->Miscellaneous

When I remove and save it's getting saved but next time when I close and open Code Warrior tool again default settings are coming back..

Please let me know how to remove them perminately once a project created from the template?

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Veerendranath,

It seems that this is a feature of CodeWarrior 10.5.1, if the library path is empty, it will be set the default value again when reopen the project.

You could specify an empty folder to the library path, in the Miscellaneous panel keep empty between "--start-group" and "--end-group".

Please try whether this option could help you to avoid using the default system libraries.

Properties->C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool settings tab -> PowerPC AEABU e5500 C Linker->General->Do not use default libraries.

Thanks,

Yiping

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Veerendranath,

Please don't keep the library path empty, please remove the default path from Properties->C/C++ Build -> Settings ->Tool settings tab -> PowerPC AEABU e5500 C Linker ->Libraries->Library search path, and add your own library path, for example "<project folder>\mylib", then save, the change will take effect.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
veerendranathj
Contributor III

Hello Yiping,

Is it mandatory to generate my custom static library and reference them in below paths...

Properties->C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool settings tab -> PowerPC AEABU e5500 C Linker ->Libraries

Properties->C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool settings tab -> PowerPC AEABU e5500 C Linker ->Miscellaneous

Because I want to keep my library source files also in my project so that if required I can do modifications and recompile instantly.

mainly I want to remove below entries... I don't want to use any static libraries.... but they are coming back when I close and open code warrior tool.

Miscellaneous_settings.PNG

Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Veerendranath,

It seems that this is a feature of CodeWarrior 10.5.1, if the library path is empty, it will be set the default value again when reopen the project.

You could specify an empty folder to the library path, in the Miscellaneous panel keep empty between "--start-group" and "--end-group".

Please try whether this option could help you to avoid using the default system libraries.

Properties->C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool settings tab -> PowerPC AEABU e5500 C Linker->General->Do not use default libraries.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos
veerendranathj
Contributor III

Hello Yiping,

Below instruction worked... :smileyhappy:

"You could specify an empty folder to the library path, in the Miscellaneous panel keep empty between "--start-group" and "--end-group".

FYI: I already tried "Do not use default libraries." option it didn't work.

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos