How are the MDIO busses routed out on the T1040RDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are the MDIO busses routed out on the T1040RDB?

Jump to solution
Larry5335
Contributor IV

Can you help me understand the layout of the MDIO buses on the T1040RDB?  In particular, Section 5.4.2.1 of T1040DPAARM lists MDIO-1, MDIO-2, MDIO-3, MDIO-4, MDIO-5 and 2 dedicated MDIOs for FMANv3. I’ve found that that first dedicated MDIO (at 0xFE4F_C000) is used for the Realtek Phy for ETH0, ETH1 and ETH2.  Are the other MDIOs connected to anything?

The reason I ask is that I can’t receive data.  I followed U-boot through and noticed it’s initializing something on MDIO-3 (at 0xFE4E_5000).  Once that is initialized, I’m able to receive data. However, I don’t know what device is on that bus and can’t figure out why U-boot is initializing it.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Larry Stein,

Which ETH connector on the board do you use? On J19, they're Realtek PHYs with ADDR 0x04 and 0x05. On J20, it's SGMII PHY with ADDR 0x01.

If you "followed U-boot through and noticed it’s initializing something on MDIO-3 (at 0xFE4E_5000)", I think you can further check what MDIO_CTL[PORT_ADDR/PHY_ADDR] it initiailized at 0xFE4E_5034, to tell which PHY it addressed. On the T1040RDB board, RGMII, SGMII, and QSGMII PHYs used the same ehternet management interface, with different PHY ADDRs.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Larry Stein,

Which ETH connector on the board do you use? On J19, they're Realtek PHYs with ADDR 0x04 and 0x05. On J20, it's SGMII PHY with ADDR 0x01.

If you "followed U-boot through and noticed it’s initializing something on MDIO-3 (at 0xFE4E_5000)", I think you can further check what MDIO_CTL[PORT_ADDR/PHY_ADDR] it initiailized at 0xFE4E_5034, to tell which PHY it addressed. On the T1040RDB board, RGMII, SGMII, and QSGMII PHYs used the same ehternet management interface, with different PHY ADDRs.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos