How to make CW 4.6 work with a USB dongle on Win7 64 bit (native mode, no XP Mode)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make CW 4.6 work with a USB dongle on Win7 64 bit (native mode, no XP Mode)?

nicolasdalstein
Contributor I

Hi !

As many of us here, my IT forced me to change my well-working PC under WinXP  to Win 7 64bits.

Now I face the tool transition. Among them CodeWarrior 4.6.

I read most of the post I could find on the Internet and here I stand :

- I've been successful in installing Codewarrior 4.6 by removing P&E drivers as indicated.

- I've been successful in installing USB dongle drivers for Win7. My dongle is well recognized, and I can read my FlexId with lmtools.exe

My Problems :

1. When I say "I can read my FlexId with lmtools.exe", I don't precise which version of it :  11.09 is ok, 11.11 is ok, 11.12 (latest I could find) is not able to recognized the dongle.

2. I have changed lmgrd.exe, lmtools and lmutils.exe to win7 64bit compatible versions.

3. Launching CodeWarrior results in a "no finding licence" message.

I've read somewhere there is an incompatibility between CW 4.6 and the Win 7 64 bit USB dongle drivers.

Is this incompatibility real ?

Is there anything that could be done to make it work ?

How does CW make the connection with the USB dongle drivers (which dll or exe is implied into this ?)  ?

I saw an lmgr8c.dll in the installation of CW. I read that it is used for Borrowing Floating licence.

Is it its only functionnality ? What if i replaced it with a lmgr11.dll ?

I don't want to change my version of CW cause I somehow "qualified" it for my project and I don't want to go through this process again for a new version of CW.

Thanks for help !

(need I saying it begins to be urgent, as I am blocked on this subject for long time now ?)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nicolasdalstein
Contributor I

Hello

Thank you both for your answers.

Do you know if we face the same problem with floating licences ?

One way to make my version of codewarrior to work may be to transform my dongle locked licenced into floating licences.

Will the compiler work under Win7 with a licence server with floating licences ?

Thank you for your answers.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicolas,

The problem occurs for USBdongle only.

If the NL license is locked under Disk/Host ID, the license file will work fine.

This is the same for floating license file too.

The floating license is working fine under  Win 7.

Another problem ...

We've a problem with some license file generated with the new web system.

The keys for the IDE and PEx (Processor Expert) could be corrupted.

In this case we need to correct them and re-encrypt the license file.

If you meet this problem, please create a Service Request and attach the license file.

To summit a Service Request online:

- Go to following URL: http://www.freescale.com/TechSupport

- Click on Create Service Request.

In case you will come to a login page.

If you are already registered with Freescale (using the Forum, subscribed to newsletter, ...)

use your Freescale login and password. Otherwise, Click on "Register Now" to get registered.

You can submit your request through the web from there.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Just to give you more details.

When a tool is released, the compiler, linker, etc ... are built with a version of flexlm.

To use USBdongle under Win 7, a new dongle driver was released.

There is an incompatibility between the driver used by the tool and the driver used by the new USBdongle driver (required on Win 7).

+++++++++++++

Products built with 8.4a of Flexlm (i.e. All of the classic products) will not be able to support win 7 with USB dongle licensing.

That support was added in 11.4 of Flexlm and our eclipse products moved to 11.5.

+++++++++++++

CW for Hc12 v5.1 is the last version.

This product is not fully compatible with USBdongle.

The build tool chain (compiler, assembler, linker ...) is working but not the debugger (we've a workaround).

So older versions are definitely not working under Win 7.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nicolas

CW 4.7 does not support Windows 7.
Only Windows® 98 SE/2000/XP/Vista 32 bits are supported.

For HCS12 products, please select CW v5.1, it supports windows 7 and other 64 bit OS.
This version can be downloaded from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-HCS12X

USBdongle is not working for Classic CodeWarrior for HC12 under Windows 7.

The USBdongle will work for the build tool chain. So user could use it to build your application.

However the debugger is not compatible with this new driver so the debugger does not work well on Windows 7.

The floating license and the node-locked license(locked on DISK/HOST ID) works well in CW5.1 under Windows 7.

But our classic CodeWarrior products does not support USB dongle license on Windows 7, they supports Windows XP, e.g CodeWarrior for HC12 v5.1.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos