cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Option for KITMMA9551LEVM?

Jump to solution
davidgroff
Contributor II

Hi,  I was wondering if there anyway to make KITMMA9551LEVM wireless?

I am using it for testing but have the USB cord attached makes it difficult at times.  If there was a bluetooth+Battery option to replace the USB cable that would be awesome.

Thanks,

David

Labels (2)
1 Solution
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Actually the original KITMMA955xLEVM demokit has provision for a battery powered wireless operation.

This necessitates extra parts though:

- a Bluetooth Module (ref ZBA BT44-191C) connected to J5 (2x6 pins header)

- a LiPo battery (e.g. 3.7V 400mA) connected to J3 (white connector on backside)

- the 2 Jumpers on J6 have to be moved up (1-3, 4-2) to route the bridge MCU SCI Rx/Tx lines to the BT module instead of the FTDI chip

- the base board power management will charge the battery with USB supply

Alternatively, you may use FRDM-KL25Z + FRDM-FXS-MULTI-B which already have a BT4.0 module + battery and also includes MMA9553L device. The limitation of this hardware is that there's no BDM connector for FW development/debug on MMA955xL.

You can contact me directly at jacques.trichet@freescale.com to dig out those options.

Regards,     Jacques.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Actually the original KITMMA955xLEVM demokit has provision for a battery powered wireless operation.

This necessitates extra parts though:

- a Bluetooth Module (ref ZBA BT44-191C) connected to J5 (2x6 pins header)

- a LiPo battery (e.g. 3.7V 400mA) connected to J3 (white connector on backside)

- the 2 Jumpers on J6 have to be moved up (1-3, 4-2) to route the bridge MCU SCI Rx/Tx lines to the BT module instead of the FTDI chip

- the base board power management will charge the battery with USB supply

Alternatively, you may use FRDM-KL25Z + FRDM-FXS-MULTI-B which already have a BT4.0 module + battery and also includes MMA9553L device. The limitation of this hardware is that there's no BDM connector for FW development/debug on MMA955xL.

You can contact me directly at jacques.trichet@freescale.com to dig out those options.

Regards,     Jacques.

Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Helo David,

Unfortunately we do not have wireless boards for our accelerometers, however I developed an Open Source Hardware board using our Kinetis Wireless MCU KW22. The board is not for sale but you can download the required files to build your own, or you could modify the design to your needs:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/333249

The board can communicate with any IIC sensor and it can wireless send the raw data to the USB-KW24D512.

Hope it helps.

Josh

0 Kudos