Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Guidance: Inquiries on NTM88K135ST1 TPMS Sensor

Jump to solution
israelfelix
Contributor III

Dear NXP community,

I would like to express my gratitude in advance for your assistance and share some inquiries regarding the NTM88K135ST1 TPMS sensor, which I recently purchased. My name is Israel Felix, and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the chips to kickstart the project.

1. RF Identification:
- Do the chips come with a factory-assigned ID that is transmitted via RF?

2. Requirements for RF Message Transmission:
- What are the prerequisites for sending a message via RF?
- Can I program the chips to transmit messages when they are below a certain pressure level, in motion, or at specific time intervals?

3. Documentation for RF Transmission:
- What documentation is recommended for studying RF transmission?
- I would like to understand the message format and bit-by-bit transmission. How is this transmission executed?

4. Maximum Bit Capacity:
- Is there a maximum bit capacity for RF message transmission?

5. Additional Equipment for Firmware Flashing:
- Besides the MULTILINK-FX, is there any other equipment required for flashing firmware onto the chip?

6. Basic Codes and Programs:
- What are the recommended basic codes for programming the chips?
- Are there specific programs that facilitate programming?

I sincerely appreciate your collaboration and support. I am excited about the project and looking forward to exploring the possibilities offered by the NTM88K135ST1 TPMS sensors.

Best regards,
Israel Felix

1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello israelfelix,

I am pleased to know that the information was useful for you.

In this case, I shared with you via email a demo project. You may use it as a reference for your design. It includes useful documentation about the Description of the Periodic RF Transmission demo flow.

I hope this material will be useful for you.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

3 Replies
israelfelix
Contributor III

Thank you David for the response regarding RF, I recently found this manual and the information was useful, can you tell me how the message is organized in the example code provided? For example, values are separated by ";" which information comes first in the message and whether in the standard programming it only sends when it detects movement or at specific times.

Regards,
Israel

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello israelfelix,

I am pleased to know that the information was useful for you.

In this case, I shared with you via email a demo project. You may use it as a reference for your design. It includes useful documentation about the Description of the Periodic RF Transmission demo flow.

I hope this material will be useful for you.

Regards,

David

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello israelfelix,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

For further information about the Radio frequency (RF) transmitter module, I do recommend reviewing the chapter 10.16 from the datasheet (attached).

diazmarin09_0-1706644567466.png

As we know, the TPMS projects are developed with CodeWarrior IDE . I am afraid that the TPMS devices are only programmed with the P&E Micro tools. For development, the Universal Multilink can be used.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
David