次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

MMA8652FC FIFO Buffer

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,864件の閲覧回数
ands
Contributor I

Hi, I'm trying to read from the FIFO Buffer off of the MMA8652FC Accelerometer.

I currently have it set up where the Buffer mode is set to be a Fill Buffer and the Watermark is set to 32 samples. I also have F_READ (Fast Read mode) enabled, so that the data I'm reading in is only 8-bits.

I do understand that whenever F_MODE is greater than 0, the OUT_X_MSB (0x01) register becomes the root pointer to XYZ FIFO data.

With this in mind, when I try to read and access the FIFO samples from OUT_X_MSB, it only returns 0x80 96 times. So it's clear I'm accessing the FIFO data improperly, however I cannot figure out why.

Note that I am able to access the data normally with the FIFO buffer disabled

The code I am using to read off of the FIFO is this:

void accel_BufRead(uint8* Data_Ptr){

uint8 numBytes=96; //96 because I'm reading 32 samples of 8-bit XYZ data thus 32*3=96

uint8 Write_Buf[1] = {0};

uint8 *Write_Ptr = &Write_Buf;

Write_Buf[0] = 0x01;

I2C_1_MasterWriteBuf(Addr, Write_Ptr, 1, I2C_1_MODE_NO_STOP);//Addr is the slave address, Write_Ptr is the register address, I2C_1_MODE_NO_STOP

//indicates a mode where it will execute an I2C transfer without a Stop

while(0u == (I2C_1_MasterStatus() & I2C_1_MSTAT_WR_CMPLT)){} //Check if the write process was successful and completed

I2C_1_MasterReadBuf(Addr, Data_Ptr, numBytes, I2C_1_MODE_REPEAT_START);//Addr is the slave address, Data_Ptr is where the data will be stored,

//numBytes= 96 bytes of data expected to read, I2C_MODE_REPEAT_START

//indicates mode where it will execute an I2C transfer

//by sending a Repeat Start instead of a Start

while(0u == (I2C_1_MasterStatus() & I2C_1_MSTAT_RD_CMPLT)){} //Check if the read process was successful and completed

return;

}

ラベル(1)
タグ(1)
1 解決策
1,450件の閲覧回数
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

It is hard to say where the problem might be, but attached you can find my example code I just wrote to test it. Accelerometer setting can be found in the MMA8652FC_Init function.

Here you can see some screenshots illustrating correct behavior.

F_READ = 1, so the data is 8-bits only:

FIFO 8bit data.JPG.jpg

ODR is set to 800Hz, so the FIFO interrupt happens every 40 ms (1.25 ms x 32 samples):

FIFO interrupt.JPG.jpg

Let me know whether or not this helps, or if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3 返答(返信)
1,451件の閲覧回数
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

It is hard to say where the problem might be, but attached you can find my example code I just wrote to test it. Accelerometer setting can be found in the MMA8652FC_Init function.

Here you can see some screenshots illustrating correct behavior.

F_READ = 1, so the data is 8-bits only:

FIFO 8bit data.JPG.jpg

ODR is set to 800Hz, so the FIFO interrupt happens every 40 ms (1.25 ms x 32 samples):

FIFO interrupt.JPG.jpg

Let me know whether or not this helps, or if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

1,450件の閲覧回数
ands
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thank you so much for replying to my question. Your sample code made me realize that the read function provided in Cypress' PSoC library just wasn't doing what I needed it to do. So I rewrote their read function and it seems like it is finally properly functioning. Thank you so much! This is the data output I get now.

FIFO Data.PNG.png

I polled the INT1 Pin to see if the interrupt was functioning properly and for the most part it is. There are times where it gets a strange signal where it goes low and high and low and high again. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

FIFO_INT Signal.png

Do you have any ideas of why that's happening? Just to make sure, the only thing I need to clear the interrupt is read the F_STATUS (0x00) register right?

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,450件の閲覧回数
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

Glad to see it works now. I would recommend reading the FIFO only, as you can see in my sample code. Then you should not get the second pulse on the INT1 pin.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

0 件の賞賛
返信