cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker error when building ISF2.2 example project ISF_K22F_KDS_SF_PROJ

marks
Contributor IV

Hi, I get the following error message when building ISF_K22F_KDS_SF_PROJ:

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: /Generated_Code/ISF/ProtocolAdapter/Source/isf_sysconf_comms.o: No such file or directory

I think I have all the right updates. I ran the ISF R2.2 Installer and also installed the ISF2P2_PEx.PEupd to PEx.

Using KDS 3.1 and KSDK 1.2.0. When I do a Help>Check for updates I get a "No Updates Were Founds".

(The exported project archive file but it was too big to attach.)

I do see isf_sysconf_comms.o in the Project Explorer (and in Windoows Explorer) so it is there.

144494_144494.pngpastedImage_0.png

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

marks
Contributor IV

I download the ISF2P2_K22F_MQX_SF_PROJ project on to a FRDM-K22F with a FRDM-STBC-AGM01 and use the Rev 2.3.2.0 Sensor Tool Box to see the data and the board image move. I'm sure the hardware (FRDM-K22F with a FRDM-STBC-AGM01) is working because it works great with older code (from the K64 I think that I made some simple modifications to) .

But when I run the ISF2P2_K22F_MQX_SF_PROJ project on this hardware the Sensor Fusion GUI is not getting the right data or something odd like that. I've been looking at the Gyro Stabilized Compass mainly. Is there a newer version of the Sensor Fusion Toolbox that I should be using? I played around with the "Custom Sensor Board Mount Abstraction" settings and the sensor data displayed looks good but the compass data is not right. Also the SysTick value is around 190 which seems high.  And the board displayed is the FRDM-K20D50M.

Should this project work with the Sensor Fusion Tool Box and if so what do you think I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Mark

0 Kudos

marks
Contributor IV

It's working now. I uninstalled KDS 3.1 and re-installed KDS 3.2. Then did the updates. The project builds with out errors.

Yea!

Thank you for the  help!

Mark

0 Kudos

davidmunsinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Glad to be of help.  Good luck and please let us know if there is anything else you see with ISF 2.2.

Dave...

0 Kudos

marks
Contributor IV

Ah Ha! I did not have that path or those files.

I re-tried ISF2P2_Installer.exe and noticed that I am getting some errors (below).

pastedImage_0.png

I re-ran ISF2P2_Installer.exe "as administrator" and I now have those example projects!

Thank you Dave!

I imported the example application from there but I still get a linker error. This time:

pastedImage_5.png

So I did a "clean" and a "refresh", re-generated Processor Expert Code, and did a build but no change. Same Linker error.

I will try re-booting and report back on any changes. Maybe I'm having memory issues with too many programs open.

Thanks again for your help!

Mark

0 Kudos

davidmunsinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

This is your problem, I'm about 90% sure.

Try navigating (inside KDS 3.x Import Existing Project) to here:

pastedImage_0.png

Try the project from this location and I bet it will work.

Dave...

0 Kudos

davidmunsinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

I think you may have leftover projects from previous versions of ISF 2.2.  We have just released a new ISF 2.2 Installer (3/4/2016), so please check that.  I did the install fresh this morning.  The corresponding project (build) should look like this:

pastedImage_0.png

Please check the installation and make sure you are importing ISF2P2_K22F_MQX_SF_PROJ.

thanks!

Dave...

0 Kudos

marks
Contributor IV

Hi Dave,

I think you are on to something with your suggestion about "make sure you are importing ISF2P2_K22F_MQX_SF_PROJ".

Is it possible the older file is posted the on web?

On 3/21/2016 I downloaded a file called ISF2P2_K22F_MQX_SF_PROJ.zip.  I created a work space called ISF_2P2_WS and put the .zip file in there and un-zipped the file.

pastedImage_0.png

Notice that the project folder starts off with ISF_K22F... not ISF2P2_K22F...

In your screen shot above your project name starts with ISF2P2_K22F.... My project starts with ISF_K22F... Screen shot below.

pastedImage_2.png

Why the difference between my project name and yours? 

Please download ISF2P2_K22F_MQX_SF_PROJ.zip off the NXP public web site and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos