Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VerifySessionUserID returns 6B00

Jump to solution
marcreiser
Contributor I

Hey all,

my setup: RPI4 + SE050ARD + I2C externally wired, most things I tried out worked fine, despite one:

I am trying to open a Session using a UserID, which I created using Se05x_API_WriteUserID. As a starting point I am using demos/se05x/se05x_Minimal.c. Overall I use the following lines according to the documentation (see image):

const uint8_t uid[] = {0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04};
const uint32_t my_id = 0xEF000001;
uint8_t sess_id[8];
size_t sess_len = 8; 

sm_status = Se05x_API_CreateSession(&pSession->s_ctx, my_id, sess_id, &sess_len);
cout << "create session status: "<< std::hex << sm_status << endl;

sm_status = Se05x_API_VerifySessionUserID(&pSession->s_ctx, uid, 4);
cout << "verify session status: " << std::hex << sm_status << endl;

this will output:

create session status: 9000
sss   :WARN :nxEnsure:'ret == SM_OK' failed. At Line:5621 Function:sss_se05x_TXn
verify session status: 6B00

means my session is created, but afterwards I get 6B00 which I can't find as error-code. Furthermore the documentation states that the sessionID shall be passed to VerifySessionUserID, but there is no parameter for it. Or should I somehow update pSession?

Is there somewhere a complete UserID-based session sample?

Can I actually use the se05x_Minimal-example for this using the included main() approach?

marcreiser_0-1606470012300.png

Thank you, 

best wishes

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @marcreiser ,

Actually there is a demo for this kind of application, it is based on SSS APIs. You may refer to simw-top/doc/sss/doc/apis-sss_session.html#se050-session for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marcreiser
Contributor I

Thanks for the info, the userid session is working now

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @marcreiser ,

Actually there is a demo for this kind of application, it is based on SSS APIs. You may refer to simw-top/doc/sss/doc/apis-sss_session.html#se050-session for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
marcreiser
Contributor I

Yes, this partly helps, will try the sss-example and report back.

But on the other side: Are the "Se05x_API_*" calls not intended to work as described in their documentation, guess they are, could you shortly outline what to do to make this approach work?

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @marcreiser ,

Actually sss APIs are based on Se05x_API_xxx , but make the application easier to implement, for example, if you trace into sss_session_open(), you will finally reach at se05x_CreateVerifyUserIDSession() which shows how to make this approach work.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos