Se050-PLUG-TRUST-MW empty "axCi_Mutex" implementation and possibly deadlock in NXP code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Se050-PLUG-TRUST-MW empty "axCi_Mutex" implementation and possibly deadlock in NXP code

Jump to solution
grzegorz2
Contributor II

Hi

I'am using MW version 03.03.00

I found out that openssl plugin uses mutex which has empty implementation in the file "sss/plugin/openssl/engine/src/ax_cryptoIpc.c" is it required to add implementation? Another issue with this mutex is that with proper implementation it can cause deadlock because of the bug in the file "sss/plugin/openssl/engine/src/ax_sssEngine_ecc.c". There is a code like this:

axCi_MutexLock();

if (status != kStatus_SSS_Success) {

return NULL;

}

axCi_MutexUnlock();

mutex is not released in case of error and application will be deadlocked after next function call

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @grzegorz2 ,

Actually I didn't find such kind of issue in the latest version of 04.01.01, would you please update the MW on your hands? or is there any reason to stay with the older version? Please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/authentication/edgelock-se051-proven-easy-t... for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @grzegorz2 ,

Actually I didn't find such kind of issue in the latest version of 04.01.01, would you please update the MW on your hands? or is there any reason to stay with the older version? Please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/authentication/edgelock-se051-proven-easy-t... for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
grzegorz2
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li 

I downloaded this new version and I don't see these mutexes anymore so I will use it. Thanks for support.

Have a nice day

0 Kudos