Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCOP Tools Activation

Jump to solution
fcovely
Contributor II

I am following the training video for installing eclipse/JCOP tools here:

https://www.nxp.com/design/training/secure-element-common-jcop-tools-part-1-eclipse-plug-in:TIP-SECU...

I see a JCOP tools zipfile in my secure files and try that.

nxp-jcop-tools-jcop4.5-v6.9.0.12_RC1

I tried to install into Eclipse. It will install but when I do a new javacard project and the activation dialog comes up, there is nothing in the downloaded JCOP tools file above that will activate the tools in Eclipse.  

Do I need another version of JCOP Tools that is specifically licensed to me?  Is there an easy way to activate this stuff?  

I have an NDA in place and am actively looking to do P71 development.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fcovely
Contributor II

For those that want to activate the JCOP tools... 

First get a copy of JCOP tools from the secure files area of the website.  In that zip there is a Getting Started document which walks you through installing the tools in eclipse and then describes an activation process.  When you are create a new java card project you will get an activation dialog.

There are 3 ways to do that which you will see on the activation dialog.  

1. a licensed installation for jcop tools

2. run a JCOP engineering sample through a reader

3. get an activation code.

Item 1.  Even though you can get the JCOP tools download in the secure files area on the nxp website, the download is not a "licensed installation" so that's a bust.  Of course that is not mentioned in the document that is in the tools download: JCOP_Tools_Getting_Started

Item 2: I got cards from a contact at NXP but they were not "JCOP Engineering Samples".. so presumably there is some way of getting JCOP engineering samples, but I could find no documentation about how to do that.

Item 3:

In the Getting started doc it only says that "the entry point for ordering is docstore" and gives an old URL.  However docstore has been replaced by secure files, so you go there and you are back to square one downloading the unlicensed copy of jcop tools.  However if you keep reading way down in Section 5.5.3 it finally says that you have to send your "serial number from the installation" to tools.jcop@nxp.com.  Just above section 5.5.3 there is a image of the dialog you get in eclipse when you try and start a new card project with the JCOP tools installed.  IN that dialog box you find the serial number. 

So in summary the easiest way to install jcop tools is this:

1. download eclipse

2. get the JCOP tools from secure files on the NXP site (you need a secure login with NDA I think)

3. install the tools into eclipse (won't cover that here but also covered in the Getting started doc in the JCOP tools download

4.  Try and create a new java card project.  

5. At that point you get the 3 options dialog discussed above.  Choose option #3 Verify and Activation code.

6. On the dialog box that appears get the serial number and send it along with your PGP public key to tools.jcop.nxp.com and they will send you an encrypted activation code which you can unencrypt with your PGP private key and then restarting eclipse put that key in the 'Verify Activation Code' dialog box.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @fcovely ,

For JCOP tools activation, please send your request to jcop.tools@nxp.com .

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
JPX2024
Contributor I
Sorry, I also have a similar question.
After successfully installing JCOP_Plugin_5.20.1.4, when i am creating a new Java card project in option # 4, Eclipse was unable to build the cap file.
The "CAP File Properties" view is "This package has not been built", I tried to clean, manually/automatically build the project but it just won't get build:(
0 Kudos
fcovely
Contributor II

For those that want to activate the JCOP tools... 

First get a copy of JCOP tools from the secure files area of the website.  In that zip there is a Getting Started document which walks you through installing the tools in eclipse and then describes an activation process.  When you are create a new java card project you will get an activation dialog.

There are 3 ways to do that which you will see on the activation dialog.  

1. a licensed installation for jcop tools

2. run a JCOP engineering sample through a reader

3. get an activation code.

Item 1.  Even though you can get the JCOP tools download in the secure files area on the nxp website, the download is not a "licensed installation" so that's a bust.  Of course that is not mentioned in the document that is in the tools download: JCOP_Tools_Getting_Started

Item 2: I got cards from a contact at NXP but they were not "JCOP Engineering Samples".. so presumably there is some way of getting JCOP engineering samples, but I could find no documentation about how to do that.

Item 3:

In the Getting started doc it only says that "the entry point for ordering is docstore" and gives an old URL.  However docstore has been replaced by secure files, so you go there and you are back to square one downloading the unlicensed copy of jcop tools.  However if you keep reading way down in Section 5.5.3 it finally says that you have to send your "serial number from the installation" to tools.jcop@nxp.com.  Just above section 5.5.3 there is a image of the dialog you get in eclipse when you try and start a new card project with the JCOP tools installed.  IN that dialog box you find the serial number. 

So in summary the easiest way to install jcop tools is this:

1. download eclipse

2. get the JCOP tools from secure files on the NXP site (you need a secure login with NDA I think)

3. install the tools into eclipse (won't cover that here but also covered in the Getting started doc in the JCOP tools download

4.  Try and create a new java card project.  

5. At that point you get the 3 options dialog discussed above.  Choose option #3 Verify and Activation code.

6. On the dialog box that appears get the serial number and send it along with your PGP public key to tools.jcop.nxp.com and they will send you an encrypted activation code which you can unencrypt with your PGP private key and then restarting eclipse put that key in the 'Verify Activation Code' dialog box.

0 Kudos
msjcard
Contributor III

In one of the older versions of the JCOP tools there is a Sample project included with the tools package.  I think it was one of the toolsets for JCOP2.4.x, but I can't be sure - the files are circa 2008 so that's probably correct.   In any event, unpack that (JCOPExamples) to a directory, and use that directory as a valid eclipse/jcop workspace for activating your toolset.  Otherwise, go the password route mentioned elsewhere.

0 Kudos