Debugging FRDM-K64F on macOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging FRDM-K64F on macOS

nandanito
Contributor I

I am following the Quick Start Guide for EdgeLock SE050 development board with FRDM-K64F. To prepare the board, it is suggested to start FRDM-K64F board in bootloader mode and put the latest OpenSDA firmare application DAPLink rev0244 on it. It works so far good on macOS. Yet when I unplug and reconnect the board to my MacBook Pro, it doesn't recognise it in serial ports. That makes debugging impossible.

Is it possible to debug using OpenSDA on macOS? I'm using MCUXpresso IDE. Is there any other way to achieve debugging on macOS?

I'm using:

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0

EdgeLock SE050 Development Kit OM-SE050ARD

Link to the instructions: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12396.pdf

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nandan,

If just for debug purpose, you may use the console from MCUXpresso instead. Please kindly refer to the following steps for details.

1.Set SDK_DEBUGCONSOLE as 0.

pastedImage_1.png

2. Use semihost lib instead.

pastedImage_2.png

3.Rebuild & debug the project and you will see the debug info like below:

pastedImage_3.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos