表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

SM4.FLEXCAN_E2E_CHECK, SM4.COMM_SAFEPROT and CRC calculation

ソリューションへジャンプ
228件の閲覧回数
FabioG
Contributor III

Hi There,

in safety manual par "6.13.3.1 FlexCAN module safety measures" there is the following statement "The CRC module can be used to protect payload data for a CAN trasmission"

I suppose that is not mandatory, isn't it ?

isn't the FlexCan CRC trasmission calculation (with rolling counter,...)enough for safety ?

and the use of CRC Hw module can be avoided ?

Best Regards,

Fabio

CRC.png

0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
214件の閲覧回数
lanaelliot
Contributor I

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for reaching out! I can't directly access and process the specific safety manual you mentioned, but I can provide some general information about FlexCAN CRC and its relationship to payload data protection.

FlexCAN CRC vs. Additional CRC Module

• FlexCAN CRC: This is a built-in feature of the FlexCAN protocol. It uses a Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) algorithm to detect errors in the transmitted data. The calculation typically involves a rolling counter, as you mentioned.

• Additional CRC Module: This refers to a separate hardware module that can be used to perform an additional CRC calculation on the payload data. This can potentially offer a higher level of error detection compared to the built-in FlexCAN CRC.

Is the Additional CRC Module Mandatory?

Whether the additional CRC module is mandatory depends on several factors, including:

• Safety requirements of your application: If your application deals with safety-critical data, additional error detection mechanisms might be necessary.
  • Standards and regulations: Some industry standards or regulations might mandate specific error detection methods for safety-critical CAN communication.
  • Risk assessment: Performing a risk assessment for your specific application would help determine the necessary level of error protection.

In many cases, the built-in FlexCAN CRC might be sufficient, especially for non-critical applications. However, for safety-critical applications, using an additional CRC module could be a good practice to enhance error detection capabilities.

Art Full Illustrations are unlikely to be relevant here.

This concept deals with technical communication protocols and error detection mechanisms.

I recommend consulting the specific safety manual you're referring to for its recommendations regarding CRC usage. If it doesn't provide clear guidance, consider reaching out to the manufacturer or a safety engineer for further clarification.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
1 返信
215件の閲覧回数
lanaelliot
Contributor I

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for reaching out! I can't directly access and process the specific safety manual you mentioned, but I can provide some general information about FlexCAN CRC and its relationship to payload data protection.

FlexCAN CRC vs. Additional CRC Module

• FlexCAN CRC: This is a built-in feature of the FlexCAN protocol. It uses a Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) algorithm to detect errors in the transmitted data. The calculation typically involves a rolling counter, as you mentioned.

• Additional CRC Module: This refers to a separate hardware module that can be used to perform an additional CRC calculation on the payload data. This can potentially offer a higher level of error detection compared to the built-in FlexCAN CRC.

Is the Additional CRC Module Mandatory?

Whether the additional CRC module is mandatory depends on several factors, including:

• Safety requirements of your application: If your application deals with safety-critical data, additional error detection mechanisms might be necessary.
  • Standards and regulations: Some industry standards or regulations might mandate specific error detection methods for safety-critical CAN communication.
  • Risk assessment: Performing a risk assessment for your specific application would help determine the necessary level of error protection.

In many cases, the built-in FlexCAN CRC might be sufficient, especially for non-critical applications. However, for safety-critical applications, using an additional CRC module could be a good practice to enhance error detection capabilities.

Art Full Illustrations are unlikely to be relevant here.

This concept deals with technical communication protocols and error detection mechanisms.

I recommend consulting the specific safety manual you're referring to for its recommendations regarding CRC usage. If it doesn't provide clear guidance, consider reaching out to the manufacturer or a safety engineer for further clarification.

0 件の賞賛