Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about MPC5775E FMEDA of SRAM

Baiguo_Chen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi team,

The customer is BYD. 

Customer has concern about λtotal of the SRAM. They think the λtotal is too high. 

Their customer wants λtotal to be lower than 10FIT.

Baiguo_Chen_0-1625480812233.png

In my opinion, λtotal can be calculated by following formula:

Baiguo_Chen_1-1625481507884.png

I refer the vaule of  λMPF from FMEDA_MPC5775E_Summary_INTERNAL_rev_1_1

Baiguo_Chen_2-1625481623019.png

Is the λMPF(λMPF_det + λMPF_undet) a constant comes from factory hardware test?

What the reson of the high basic total failure rate λtotal of SRAM, and is there any way to reduce the λtotal to lower than 10FIT?

Any comments are welcome. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

nxf65498
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Baiguo,

Please find below response to your question:

Question: What the reason of the high basic total failure rate λtotal of SRAM, and is there any way to reduce the λtotal to lower than 10FIT?

Answer: The λtotal (raw failure rate) of the SRAM is fixed and can’t be change because λtotal (SRAM) is calculated based on area occupied by SRAM on die. SRAM failure rate are high because they primarily driven by transient faults.   

λtotal= λSR (Safety related) + λNSR (Non Safety related)

The λ which is shown below is λSR

nxf65498_0-1626080468155.jpeg

λSR (safety related) can be reduced by changing the percentage of SRAM used as safety related in select safety measure sheet in FMEDA.  Thereafter, you can apply techniques such as ECC to ensure that dangerous failure rate (λSPF+ λRF) is reduced to well below your target. Please note that the failure rates are computed using TR62380 standard (for permanents) and based on testing techniques specified in JESD-89 (for transients). You should use these failure rates only if you are performing safety analysis. For reliability purposes, NXP quality team can provide failure rates based on reliability testing.

Question: Is the λMPF(λMPF_det + λMPF_undet) a constant comes from factory hardware test?

Answer: λMPF doesn’t come from factory hardware test instead calculated internally inside FMEDA. These are standard terms used in ISO26262 standard.

Best regards,

Bhavik Vakhariya

0 Kudos

Baiguo_Chen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bhavik,

Thanks for your reply. Your answer is very helpful to me.

I will try to explain this to the customer based on these information.

Thanks,

Baiguo

0 Kudos