Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32k344 lwip example ping not working

Jump to solution
lluo
Contributor III

hi,

i am currently working with lwip demo on s32k3x4-q257  development board. I am using adtja1101 as the phy adapter and connect it to s32k3x4-q257 through rmii connector. The gmac and phy are initialised successfully. The T1 connector of adtja1101 is connected to a t1 to rj45 ethernet switch and the switch is connected to PC. When I tried to ping s32k344 from my laptop, i got no response. I have checked the ip configured on my pc

and the s32k344 target and they look correct. Do you probably know why this happens? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @lluo,

Can you confirm if by debugging the project, does the Eth_T_InitPhys function exits the loop for establishing a link?

Please check that the J30 jumper is changed from 3-4 to 1-2, as well as adding TJA1101B PHY_ID1 macro and check it in “device.c” for PHY init.

I have sent you a message with the demo guide for the LWIP example.

Best regards,
Julián

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yomna_attia
Contributor I

Hello 

I have the same issue The gmac and phy are initialized successfully, but I tried to ping s32k344 from my laptop, i got request timeout and i want to try your solution but i don't know how could i connect these "adtja1101 as the phy adapter and connect it to s32k3x4-q257 through rmii connector."

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @lluo,

Can you confirm if by debugging the project, does the Eth_T_InitPhys function exits the loop for establishing a link?

Please check that the J30 jumper is changed from 3-4 to 1-2, as well as adding TJA1101B PHY_ID1 macro and check it in “device.c” for PHY init.

I have sent you a message with the demo guide for the LWIP example.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos
lluo
Contributor III

Hi @Julián_AragónM ,

After changing J30 jumper from 3-4 to 1-2, as well as adding TJA1101B PHY_ID1 macro as 0xDD02 in the device.c, I can ping S32K344 from my PC now. Thank you very much.