显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

s32k314 Debug Hardware Questions

跳至解决方案
281 次查看
Oido
Contributor I

Hello, I am designing a PCB using S32K314. This is my first time designing a PCB and I am having a hard time. The debug equipment I am currently using is USB Multilink Universal, Rev. E. And I read Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers and drew an example circuit called JTAG connector with a CAD program.
But when I look at the manual of USB Multilink Universal, it says JTAG is 14PIN. What should I do?
Can I use other debug pins? And even if I can, there are no circuit guidelines in the Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers document to pack other debug pins. Please help. This is the JTAG I drew.

JTAG.jpg

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
260 次查看
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Oido 

The USB Multilink Universal and the USB Multilink Universal FX have several debug headers inside to support NXP devices & other ARM Cortex microcontrollers. For S32K3 devices there are the PORT B (STANDARD ARM), PORT F (MINI 20), and PORT G (MINI 10). 

VaneB_2-1716584629198.pngVaneB_1-1716584500902.png

So, we recommend following the circuit guidelines provided in section 4.2 (JTAG and TRACE interface) of the Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers. You can also use as a reference the S32K3 Evaluation Board's schematics. 

B.R.

VaneB

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数
261 次查看
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Oido 

The USB Multilink Universal and the USB Multilink Universal FX have several debug headers inside to support NXP devices & other ARM Cortex microcontrollers. For S32K3 devices there are the PORT B (STANDARD ARM), PORT F (MINI 20), and PORT G (MINI 10). 

VaneB_2-1716584629198.pngVaneB_1-1716584500902.png

So, we recommend following the circuit guidelines provided in section 4.2 (JTAG and TRACE interface) of the Hardware Design Guides for S32K3XX Microcontrollers. You can also use as a reference the S32K3 Evaluation Board's schematics. 

B.R.

VaneB

0 项奖励
回复
55 次查看
Oido
Contributor I

I looked at the S32K344 - Q172 board and drew it along the circuit.
This corresponds to PORTF among the photos you provided.
TDO, TDI, and RST have 5V output
The TCK is connected to the ground and outputs 0V.
However, TMS is connected to PTA4 with 1.5 to 1.6V output.

0 项奖励
回复