cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use S32K 118 to drive a 3-wires SPI device

Jump to solution
Lanson
Contributor I

I am using the S32K 118 MCU ,and now  i want to drive a device thr 3-wires SPI interface,from the device datasheet ,the comunicate sequence show below

Lanson_0-1645514189806.png

How can i conect the device to the MCU and configure correctly,and it seem that there is no any useful information from the RM about this.

Best Regard.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It is a bit nonstandard configuration and how I understand RM, I guess it is even not possible. Because it this case you would have to change CPHA parameter during transfer, what's apparently not possible.

davidtosenovjan_0-1646395110866.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, it seems you don't have configured clock phase for both sides (master and slave) same way what's necessary.

davidtosenovjan_0-1645707677406.png

0 Kudos
Lanson
Contributor I

Hello davidtosenovjan,

The image of the comunicate sequence which I post before is not the real capture sequence, it is the 3 wires SPI protocol  provided by the device's supplier,and i need to obey this protocol  to comunicate with the device use S32K 118,but I don't know how to configure correctly.Now i have no way but only try to use GPIO to emulate this nonstandard 3-wires SPI protocal.Will u have any other good ideal?Thank you!

Best regards,

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It is a bit nonstandard configuration and how I understand RM, I guess it is even not possible. Because it this case you would have to change CPHA parameter during transfer, what's apparently not possible.

davidtosenovjan_0-1646395110866.png

0 Kudos
Lanson
Contributor I

Hi Davidtosenovjan,

Thank you for your reply, and i have implemented this by using the GPIO rather than the LPSPI module.Looking for the RM over and over,and i got almost the same conception with you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos