download .hex or .elf file into S32k144

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download .hex or .elf file into S32k144

renshaoshuai
Contributor II

i want to download ..hex or .elf file into S32k144 without S32 design studio, how to do that?

Tags (3)
4 Replies

wsmith
Contributor I

I also have this same question. I don't at all understand the need for getting extra debugger devices when the device already has a full featured OpenSDA debugger chip built in with a USB connection. What we would need is to be able to flash a device inside our build system, which is Jenkins running on Linux. If I could just know what S32 Studio is doing when it flashes an .elf file, that would be what we need. We are using the S32K144EVB-Q100 board for testing and evaluating.

Is it possible to upgrade the OpenSDA to support ARM mBed? There you can drop a binary right into the file system and it will start flashing it, then boot and run it. That's easy to do in an automated build system.

0 Kudos

robertboys
Contributor IV

Hello

OpenSDA comes pre-programmed in P&E mode (AFAIK)  - many debuggers including Keil uVision can use this.

It is also possible to program it to be in CMSIS-DAP mode.  Again, many debuggers can use CMSIS-DAP.  Some companies give it a different name - but it is still CMSIS-DAP.

CMSIS-DAP is open-source from ARM.  NXP LPC-Link 32 is CMSIS-DAP.

I have attached the CMSIS-DAP s19 file.  To load it into your board, see page 8 on here:  www.keil.com/appnotes/docs/apnt_299.asp

This is the first version of CMSIS-DAP - the latest is located here:    https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5

Bob

Daniel_Popa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

Another way is to use the RAppID tool: Overview of RAppID Bootloader|NXP 

Hope this helps!

Daniel

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

you can use any debugger which has it's own software like Segger or Lauterbach, or you can use stand alone flasher like Cyclone. Please check links below:

LAUTERBACH DEVELOPMENT TOOLS 

Home | SEGGER - The Embedded Experts 

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

I found also another usable solution, please see link below:

Batch Programming with GDB: Segger J-Link and P&E Multilink | MCU on Eclipse 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos