Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k144 command line for partition of dflash

Jump to solution
HyunungPark
Contributor III

Dear 

I know that the project must run from ram to use dflash.

So I made the project for dflash and I checked to work normally

But I have one issue.

I must do partition for our project. But I can't use to do partition with IAR in factory.

Could you please me help?

BRs

Hyunung Park

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hyunung,
I’m not sure if I can understand the question but generally there are following options how to do the partitioning:
- Check if your programming tool in factory supports this directly.
- Check if your programming tool in factory supports scripting, so you could write a script which would write directly to MCU registers to execute partition command.
- Build a simple project which will do the partitioning. Load it to the MCU, run it and then load your app.
- Run the partition command during the first startup of the MCU. After reset, check if the partition is already set or not. If not, run the partition command from RAM. If the partition is already set, just skip this and run your app.
Regards,
Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hyunung,
I’m not sure if I can understand the question but generally there are following options how to do the partitioning:
- Check if your programming tool in factory supports this directly.
- Check if your programming tool in factory supports scripting, so you could write a script which would write directly to MCU registers to execute partition command.
- Build a simple project which will do the partitioning. Load it to the MCU, run it and then load your app.
- Run the partition command during the first startup of the MCU. After reset, check if the partition is already set or not. If not, run the partition command from RAM. If the partition is already set, just skip this and run your app.
Regards,
Lukas

0 Kudos
HyunungPark
Contributor III

Hi,

In the case of the IAR tool, the new firmware is written normally to a device 

but In the case of the jFlashLite.exe tool, the new firmware doesn't write firmware.

This firmware is to do partition memory and this project runs from RAM to do partition for memory 

Please find the attached file.

What should I do to resolve this issue?

BRs.

Hyunung Park 

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hyunung,

this sounds like a question for Segger, please try to ask them for help.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
HyunungPark
Contributor III

Hi lukaszadrapa

This issue is resolved.

Best Regards.

Hyunung Park

0 Kudos