Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3xx Secure Debug with PEMicro in S32DS

Jump to solution
OliverTian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

PRMicro has post the instruction on its website for 'S32K3xx Secure Debug with MULTILINK'.

https://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=216

If CR(Challenge Response) secure debug authentication mode is used, for PE debugger, its script must be used to register a wrapped(RSA-2048 encrypted) ADKP at local data base(volkano.db), which use device UID as its' index. 

Then when use "authenticate_challenge_response_mode.py" script, it will find(according to UID) the registered wrapped ADKP in volkano.db to compute response.

Note: volkano.db is gotten from volkano.dll  with - the DB_NAME config entry should specify the desired name of the volkano database on the file system, without an extension. The tool will internally append ".db" extension to whatever input is provided in this config entry. Default value is "volkano" so the database file name on the filesystem will be volkano.db.

Cheers!
Oliver

0 Kudos
1 Solution
OliverTian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When a project is created under S32DS IDE, the PEmicro plugin will automatically default to the FLASH programming driver to support programming of full device P and D FLASH ranges - assuming that HSE and AB Swap memory modes are disabled. In order to switch to a FLASH programming algorithm that supports devices with an HSE firmware footprint, the user needs to: open the PEmicro debug configuration and, from the Flash Algorithm Selection drop down box, select:

→ open Advanced Options Dialog →  nxp_s32k344_1x32x980k_hse_enabled.arp 

or the user can check “Use Alternative Algorithm” and browse to select an HSE-enabled FLASH algorithm from the latest PEmicro plugin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OliverTian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When a project is created under S32DS IDE, the PEmicro plugin will automatically default to the FLASH programming driver to support programming of full device P and D FLASH ranges - assuming that HSE and AB Swap memory modes are disabled. In order to switch to a FLASH programming algorithm that supports devices with an HSE firmware footprint, the user needs to: open the PEmicro debug configuration and, from the Flash Algorithm Selection drop down box, select:

→ open Advanced Options Dialog →  nxp_s32k344_1x32x980k_hse_enabled.arp 

or the user can check “Use Alternative Algorithm” and browse to select an HSE-enabled FLASH algorithm from the latest PEmicro plugin.

0 Kudos
Ayaz
Contributor III
I have tried that ,but i still get the same massage.
0 Kudos
JasonChou
Contributor II

hi @OliverTian ,

I follow the step that you mension. Also, the article from PEmicro(https://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=216)

However, I still stuck in pop-up information window(msg in below)

(Secure Debug might be enabled on this device. If so, please authenticate the device via PEmicro scripts before attempting to connect again.(See pemicro.com/securedebug/s32k3 for more information.)

what should I do more?

many thanks!

0 Kudos
LavanyaR
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm also facing the same issue in s32k322 controller.

Kindly give your solution. I appreciate your quick response.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos