cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 infinite reset problem

Yiming2
Contributor III

hello all

We met a very strange problem. After burning the software with pemicro's burner and powering the ECU normally, the ECU would go into infinite reset state, but we connected the ECU with a debugger (like jlink) (no extra action) and then disconnected the ECU from Jlink. Then power up the ECU, the ECU shall return to normal. May I ask what causes this?

we have HSE firmware integrated in this software. regarding to Jlink connection, we just colict the connect, and wait for successful connection information and then disconnect it. finally, the infinite reset shall be disappeared 

Yiming2_0-1726197598965.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Yiming2 

it's not really clear what happened. If the same image is successfully loaded by different programmers, there should be no difference. Could you provide log from Pemicro? Is there anything unusual?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Yiming2
Contributor III
hello @lukaszadrapa 

thanks for your reply. We done some tests we found that there is no relationship with debugger or programmer. because it shall happen for other programmer. and we add the HSE idle check the infinite reset is gone but we found that there are some other abnormal reactions(LED is not blink but CAN communication is normally ran) only the first start-up after the UTEST_1B000000 programmed,(aka first HSE installation start-up, we integrate the HSE installation with our software. ) and from the second reset, all abnormal reactions shall be disappeared, and the abnormal status was disappeared. and if we also tried removed the HSE installation step (aka don't program the UTEST_1B000000, the first start-up goes to normal.), it also works. So is there any method to fix this problem for the first start-up/reset after the UTEST_1B000000 programmed? 

we use the HSE installation with IVT method to install the HSE firmware. and integrate it with our main app. 
0 Kudos

Yiming2
Contributor III
additional information: S32K312NH MCU is used. Option F clock configuration for S32K312 is strictly configurated regarding to Reference manual Rev9. HSE Idle status check is also performed before HSE CLK configuration. If we put the delay(about 2.5 seconds) at the start-up stage it also would be worked. because it only happed in the blank PCBA(without HSE Firmware). So we can not do a lot tests
0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Yiming2 

if you use option F, did you program dcf_client_utest_misc to UTEST?

See S32K3xx_DCF_clients.xlsx attached inside S3232K3 RM.

lukaszadrapa_0-1727242476419.png

I guess that this could be the reason for such weird behavior.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Yiming2
Contributor III

hello @lukaszadrapa 

thanks for your information. But regarding the your reply in other topics,HSE PLL configuration - NXP Community "This configuration of HSE_CLK_MODE in DCF record (and also configuration of FXOSC) has no effect unless PLL_ENABLE in IVT is enabled. SBAF will ignore it and FIRC will be used at boot time. And PLL_ENABLE has effect only when BOOT_SEQ is 1 (i.e. secure boot enabled)."

We didn't enable the PLL_ENABLE and BOOT_SEQ, so it would be no effect for this case, am I correct?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, I know. But there's still some confusion, I'm still checking this internally but I do not have final confirmation yet.

But I would try that anyway - there's no any downside, it can only help. Please give this a try and let me know if it makes a difference. Thank you.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos