cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 ADC continuous conversion Problems

Jump to solution
rexoplans
Contributor III

Hello everyone, I'm using S32K312 microcontroller and I want continuos conversion mode ADC for multi channel but I didnt activate CC(Continous conversion) mode. How can I activate CC mode ? Or, have S32K312 CC mode ?( I wasnt sure  because  Ref manual say to MC have these mode but I didnt see enable button(for s32ds ) or enable value on struct to firmware. 

#adc  #s32k312

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@rexoplans

S32K3XXRM-rev7->Chapter 69 Periodic Interrupt Timer

Senlent_0-1692150812609.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ramprakash08
Contributor IV

Yes, the S32K312 microcontroller does support continuous conversion mode for ADC. You can enable it by setting the ADC_CFG1[ADLPC] bit to 1. This will enable the low power configuration and continuous conversions.

Here is a code snippet that shows how you can enable continuous conversion mode:

ADC0->CFG1 |= ADC_CFG1_ADLPC_MASK; // Enable low power configuration ADC0->SC3 |= ADC_SC3_ADCO_MASK; // Enable continuous conversion 

Also, if you want to use multiple channels in continuous conversion mode, you need to use the ADC's hardware trigger feature. You can set up a periodic timer interrupt to trigger the ADC conversion for different channels.

Here is a code snippet that shows how you can set up a hardware trigger:

ADC0->SC2 |= ADC_SC2_ADTRG_MASK; // Enable hardware trigger 

Then, in your timer interrupt handler, you can select the ADC channel to be converted:

ADC0->SC1[0] = ADC_SC1_ADCH(channel); // Select ADC channel 

Remember to replace 'channel' with the actual channel number you want to convert.

0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III

The example you gave is valid for the s32k1 series. Unfortunately, the register addresses you specified are not available in s32k3.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III

Thanks for your response. I have one more question. How can I set up a periodic trigger. I tried to do it with PIT but failed. Also, when I want to use multichannel, do I set each channel separately?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III

I tried a system like example but  The system didnt work. 

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@rexoplans

Please ignore ramprakash08's answer, this should be an AI.
This routine is based on S32K344, there should be no problem,If there is a problem, please describe your problem in detail

0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III
Acctually, PIT havent document on s32ds. It shows the general documents of GPT, but there is no information about the functions of PIT in the documents.
0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@rexoplans

S32K3XXRM-rev7->Chapter 69 Periodic Interrupt Timer

Senlent_0-1692150812609.png

0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III
Thanks for response
0 Kudos