Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K311 MAKE THE CORE CLOCK AS THE SYSTEM CLOCK

Jump to solution
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Hi, 

I have a hard time to make the core clock as the system clock for s32k10-11 series.

I know default system clock is FIRC of 48 MHz however I want to  change the system clock to the core clock of 120MHZ.

Thanks,

Koorosh Hajiani

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hajianik,

The RTD configuration tool allows you to easily configure the clock according to the Oprion B 120MHz configuration:

RM, rev.7, Table 148. Option B - Reduced Speed mode (CORE_CLK @ 120 MHz).

Please keep in mind that all the clocks must be configured as per the table if the CORE_CLK = 120MHz.

danielmartynek_0-1692022158322.png

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response.

My question is not how to configure the core clock to be 120mhz but rather to designate the core clock to be the system clock.

I say that because on power up the system clock seems to be IFRC , HOWEVER IN MY CODE I CALLED THE FUNCTION:

" Clock_Ip_Init(Clock_Ip_aClockConfig);" and that does the trick. however you brought up an important point how do I configure the core clk to be 160MHZ?  is the instruction cycle based on the core clk?

Thanks,

Koorosh Hajiani 

0 Kudos
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

I think I got THIS.

Thanks

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hajianik,

The RTD configuration tool allows you to easily configure the clock according to the Oprion B 120MHz configuration:

RM, rev.7, Table 148. Option B - Reduced Speed mode (CORE_CLK @ 120 MHz).

Please keep in mind that all the clocks must be configured as per the table if the CORE_CLK = 120MHz.

danielmartynek_0-1692022158322.png

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos