cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144--difference between HSRUN in 80Mhz and RUN in 80Mhz

BillWu123
Contributor I

Hi NXP support:

I have encountered a problem when configuring the HSRUN mode in S32K144 that the picture shows below indicates HSRUN mode can be entered through two way: with 112MHZ SPLL or with 80MHZ.So I want to know if I choose 80MHZ SPLL as clock source, what's the difference with RUN mode in 80MHZ?(Besides HSRUN mode can not operate flash.) And whether HSRUN mode with 80MHZ clock will work in 112MHZ?

image.png

Best regards

Bill wu

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BillWu123,

You can find chapter 40.4.3.3 High Speed Run (HSRUN) mode from S32K1 Reference Manual. The main difference in HSRUN, the on-chip voltage regulator remains in a run regulation state, but with a slightly elevated voltage output. In this state, the MCU is able to operate at a faster frequency compared to normal RUN mode. For the maximum allowable frequencies, see the Power Management chapter.

Also, in this chapter, the restrictions for HSRUN are mentioned:

To enter HSRUN mode (with 112 MHz SPLL as clock source):

1. Disable SPLL. Configure FIRC as the RUN mode and HSRUN mode clock source by writing 0011 to SCG_RCCR[SCS] and SCG_HCCR[SCS].
  2. Configure PMPROT[AHSRUN] to allow HSRUN.
  3. Write 11 to SMC_PMCTRL[RUNM] to enter HSRUN. (Now system will enter HSRUN mode with FIRC configured as system clock source).
  4. Reconfigure PLL for 112MHz and enable it.
  5. Switch to PLL as the clock source by configuring SCG_HCCR[SCS] as 0110.

Best regards,
Julián 

0 Kudos