S32K142: After Porting from 100 pin to 64 pin package Software stuck at startup code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K142: After Porting from 100 pin to 64 pin package Software stuck at startup code

danielcarlquist
Contributor II

S32K142: After Porting from 100 pin package to 64 pin package Software stuck at startup code

Bellow procedure followed to port 100 pin configuration to 64 pin configuration.

How to change package on S32DS Processor Expert 

Software stuck at startup code:

pastedImage_2.png

Regards

Ningu

Labels (1)
2 Replies

razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far as I know the 64 pins has a smaller ram size. This means that you have to manually change linker file.

Please do these steps:

1. Right click on your project and select Proprieties 

2. Select C/C++ Build -> Settings-> Standard S32DS C Linker

3. Add the right linker file pastedImage_9.png

Please don't add the same linker file as on this picture because I don't know which release you are using. You have to check the linker files available in your release. I think it should be something line S32K142_16_ram/flash.ld.

Best regards,

Razvan

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Carlquist

The change of package in the Processor expert setup only gives you the ability to configure those pins, it shouldn't be related to the memory distribution and bss zero-initialized data section.

Could you verify that the linker file that you are using does have the memory sizes of the S32K chip that you are using? Also, only to verification, could you check what are the values of bss_start and bss_end in the while loop where you are stuck?

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos