Problems starting a new board - BusFault: An imprecise (asynchronous) data access error has occurred

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems starting a new board - BusFault: An imprecise (asynchronous) data access error has occurred

Jump to solution
jwkang
Contributor III

I confirmed that our code works well on the S32K344-WB EVB. I created a project for S32K344 and S32K314 and confirmed that each works.

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/automotive-development-platforms/s32k-mcu-platforms/s3...

Based on this, we created a new board with S32K314.
S32DS 3.4, NXP GCC 10.2 for Arm 32-bit Bare-Metal
RTD 2.0.0, Debugger Pemicro

I tried running the code on this board, but it doesn't work properly.
The binary appears to have been written in Flash, but the code appears to no longer run at 0x0. I checked the JTAG line, but there seems to be no problem.

I checked the error code and it is as follows.

BusFault: An imprecise (asynchronous) data access error has occurred.
HardFault: A fault has been escalated to a hard fault.

jwkang_0-1698565907702.png

jwkang_1-1698564992268.png

jwkang_2-1698565059337.png

I tried to forcefully move the address, and it seems to move, but when I run it, it doesn't actually proceed.

Plz tell me the exact meaning of the error code.
And plz advise on what additional things to check.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Seems that the HardFault(BusFault) occur at DTCM_LOOP() in startup_cm7.s.  Please check whether it was caused by wrong size of int_itcm and int_dtcm in Project_Settings/Linker_Files/linker_flash_s32k314.ld

ITCM DTCM size of S32K344 S32K314 linker file.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Seems that the HardFault(BusFault) occur at DTCM_LOOP() in startup_cm7.s.  Please check whether it was caused by wrong size of int_itcm and int_dtcm in Project_Settings/Linker_Files/linker_flash_s32k314.ld

ITCM DTCM size of S32K344 S32K314 linker file.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

jwkang
Contributor III

The linker file is a file created by Generate, but it is strange that the address does not match.

Thank you for your support.
I solved this problem by changing the size of itcm and dtcm.

0 Kudos