cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in FlexCAN1 transmit in S32K344

Jump to solution
sagar991
Contributor II

I enabled the pins configuration tool in the default FlexCAN_Ip_Example_S32K344 to observe the CAN0 Tx output on the PTA7 pin in the normal mode. I was able to see the digital CAN signals on the oscilloscope.

But when I changed the output port from PTA7 to PTB1, I couldn't see any signals on the oscilloscope.

I also tried changing CAN0 to CAN1, but still I can only see signals from the PTA7 port.

Is there any reason why can't I observe CAN signals from any ports other than PTA7 becuase in schematics both PTA7 and PTB1 can have CAN0_Tx signal.

I am using S32K3X4EVB-T172 board have attached the project.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sagar991,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, only pins PTA6 & PTA7 are connected to the PHY on board:

Julin_AragnM_0-1715982506795.png

If you need to use another pin for transmission, they need to be rerouted.

Best regards,
Julián

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sagar991,

Are you testing this with two S32K344 boards? 

In order to see the signals for the transmissions, you will need another CAN node in the bus (either another MCU or CAN analyzer).

Best regards,
Julián.

0 Kudos
sagar991
Contributor II

I have PCAN-USB CAN decoder which receives messages normally when CAN0 Tx pin is PTA7, but when I change it to PTB1, I don't receive any messages. Can only 1 pin be used in CAN0 for transmitting ?

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sagar991,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, only pins PTA6 & PTA7 are connected to the PHY on board:

Julin_AragnM_0-1715982506795.png

If you need to use another pin for transmission, they need to be rerouted.

Best regards,
Julián