Porting Application software from s32k144 to S32k142.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Application software from s32k144 to S32k142.

Jump to solution
Abhi_
Contributor II

I found a application software for S32k144 from https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12323SW.zip. But I have a S32k142. So, I was trying to port the contents for S32k142. I could find a Q/A for a similar question, but the answer provided in the post seemed a bit outdated (was posted in 2018) and was not helping since the UI has changed a lot since then.

Does anyone know how to port the application project from S32K144 to S32K142 in Design Studio?

Thank you for the response.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Abhi_ 

If you are using any of the S32DS versions that have Processor Expert, you can check out the following post.

HOWTO: Change the CPU Derivative in an SDK-Based Application Project

Otherwise, changing from S32K144 to S32K142 in the latest S32DS versions is not possible. The most viable option is to generate a new project with the corresponding MCU and then copy the application source files from your pre-existing project as well as any customizations made to the project properties according to the device specifications.

B.R.

VaneB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Abhi_ 

If you are using any of the S32DS versions that have Processor Expert, you can check out the following post.

HOWTO: Change the CPU Derivative in an SDK-Based Application Project

Otherwise, changing from S32K144 to S32K142 in the latest S32DS versions is not possible. The most viable option is to generate a new project with the corresponding MCU and then copy the application source files from your pre-existing project as well as any customizations made to the project properties according to the device specifications.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos
Abhi_
Contributor II
Thank you @VaneB
0 Kudos