cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Container and Functional Group issue

Jump to solution
fortannekita
Contributor I

I have updated the S32DS to v3.5.13 and RTD version to 4.0.0 P24.

After the update the Port configuration has errors regarding the naming of the functional group in the Pins Tool.

fortannekita_0-1725524571380.png

The error says that I should rename the PortContainer name, the thing is I have multiple PortContainers, and that would mean I need to create a separate functional group for each. But only one functional group can be initialized by default.

fortannekita_1-1725524661615.png

How can I fix this issue while having one functional group in pins tool ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I saw the prompt Called by the default initialization function, but I did not find where Board_InitBootPins was called.
The RTD example calls:
Siul2_Port_Ip_Init(NUM_OF_CONFIGURED_PINS_PortContainer_0_BOARD_InitPeripherals, g_pin_mux_InitConfigArr_PortContainer_0_BOARD_InitPeripherals);

Have you considered calling the remaining Function groups by their names?

Siul2_Port_Ip_Init(NUM_OF_CONFIGURED_PINS_PortContainer_0_BOARD_InitPeripherals, g_pin_mux_InitConfigArr_PortContainer_0_BOARD_InitPeripherals);
    Siul2_Port_Ip_Init(NUM_OF_CONFIGURED_PINS_PortContainer_1_BOARD_InitPeripherals, g_pin_mux_InitConfigArr_PortContainer_1_BOARD_InitPeripherals);

Called by the default initialization function Board_InitBootPins.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please change the Name in Pins Tool: for example PortContainer_0_BOARD_InitPeripherals

PortContainer_0 BOARD_InitPeripherals Peripheral Tool.pngPortContainer_0_BOARD_InitPeripherals Pins Tool.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
fortannekita
Contributor I

That works fine if you have only one port container, but I have multiple, and that won't work unless I create a functional group for each

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I saw the prompt Called by the default initialization function, but I did not find where Board_InitBootPins was called.
The RTD example calls:

Have you considered calling the remaining Function groups by their names?

Siul2_Port_Ip_Init(NUM_OF_CONFIGURED_PINS_PortContainer_1_BOARD_InitPeripherals, g_pin_mux_InitConfigArr_PortContainer_1_BOARD_InitPeripherals);

Called by the default initialization function Board_InitBootPins.png

0 Kudos
fortannekita
Contributor I

Yes, it is an option to call all of the Functional Groups with Siul2_Port_Ip_Init, the only downside is that when you have a lot of Functional Groups you have to call the init function a lot of times. Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos