Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Clock Signal is not showing with K344

Jump to solution
jwoo124
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently trying to test the transfer between the K3x4EVB-T172 board with an EEPROM with LPI2C1.

I'm using the LPI2C Transfer k344 example as the base.

When trying to measure the SCL with an oscilloscope, the clock signal doesn't show an 8 bit signal.

When using the Lpi2c_Ip_MasterSendData() or Lpi2c_Ip_MasterReceiveData(), there should be 8 bits shown on the scope, but it just show one quick low high signal. 

Is there a certain setting missing or am I misunderstanding how to use s32ds?

I'm trying to code by following the datasheet for EEPROM; however, in order to verify if the everything is working properly, I'm trying to test with the scope.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please refer to the discussion in S32K312 - How can I set I2C baud rate? Note LPI2C Timing Parameter Restrictions

Also, are there any pull-up resistors connected to the I2C pins?

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please refer to the discussion in S32K312 - How can I set I2C baud rate? Note LPI2C Timing Parameter Restrictions

Also, are there any pull-up resistors connected to the I2C pins?

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jwoo124
Contributor II

Hi,

Yes, I was able to figure it out. I eventually matched the Clock High Period and Clock Low Period to get the I2C Baud Rate to 100000 to match Standard Mode.

Thanks for the help!! 

0 Kudos