How to unlock S32k1xx if Flash configuration field was set wrongly.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock S32k1xx if Flash configuration field was set wrongly.

Jump to solution
LewisThin
Contributor II

Hello everyone:

I download a wrong srecord which is filled with 0 to my board. So the Flash Configuration Fields were set to 0 and the MCU was locked.

I use debugger to try to unlock it but there is nothing to work.

Then I use the debugger to read the MDM-AP status, the value is 0x34 and I can not run mass erase command.

I use the scope the watch the wave of the reset pin. It looks like about 10ms~20ms low and about 250μs high.

I tried the urls below but nothing works.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/Unbricking-S32K146/m-p/937230?commentID=1166947#comment-1166947

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/Accessing-S32K146-back-up-again/m-p/1378935

Is there any solution?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I suggest you try doing a mass erase with another debugger always making sure the reset pin is in low state. If this is not possible, the MCU is bricked.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LewisThin 

Did you enables CSE? If yes, mass erase will not work, just in the case that the key is configured as write-protected.

If you can't establish connection via JTAG/SWD anymore and there is no code in the flash that could do that, the device is bricked.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos
LewisThin
Contributor II

yes,VaneB,the s-record file is filled with 0. So the data in address 0x40C is 0, which means the SEC value is 00b.

the s-record is invalid so the code could not run normally.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I suggest you try doing a mass erase with another debugger always making sure the reset pin is in low state. If this is not possible, the MCU is bricked.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

0 Kudos