How to test the PWM duty cycle and frequency of input using S32K144 software FTM-IC

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

How to test the PWM duty cycle and frequency of input using S32K144 software FTM-IC

跳至解决方案
380 次查看
Abcdeff
Contributor I

1.png1.I need to test the PWM duty cycle and frequency, if configured to measure whether the input signal is reasonable

2.When I configure it as measure input signal, DUTY Cycle ON and Period between two risk edges can only choose one of the two options.Can I obtain both the duty cycle and frequency simultaneously, using only one channel of feedback

3.When I tried to set channel 1 of FTM0 as Measure input signal, I encountered an error, meaning that only even numbered channels can be set as Measure input signal? Is there any special reason? I couldn't find it in the data manual

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
284 次查看
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you want to measure the pulse width and the period you will need to use two channels, one for t the pulse width an the other for the period.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数
312 次查看
Abcdeff
Contributor I

截图1.png

From what I have found, only this function FTM-DRV_GetInputCaptureMeasurement() can be used to obtain the count value. Therefore, when I use Measure input signal, I can only select  pulse width or the period of the tested signal.
If I need to measure both the pulse width and the period, I can only use both the rising and falling edges for detection.
I'm worried about what functions I haven't considered in Measure input signal mode, which can easily measure both the pulse width and the period simultaneously.

0 项奖励
回复
285 次查看
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you want to measure the pulse width and the period you will need to use two channels, one for t the pulse width an the other for the period.

0 项奖励
回复
238 次查看
Abcdeff
Contributor I

By the way, regarding the software configuration of S32DS, besides basic usage (which can be searched a lot online), do you have a comprehensive manual on usage and configuration.

Thank you once again.

0 项奖励
回复
240 次查看
Abcdeff
Contributor I

Thank you for your help!

I think I have solved all the questions.

Best regards.

0 项奖励
回复
323 次查看
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Yes, you need to choose between to measure the pulse width or the period of the tested signal.

And in Dual Edge Capture Mode is specified that is only available in channel (n) where n = 0, 2, 4 or 6.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

0 项奖励
回复